Thank you very much!

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you my friend.
How can I install the zip file...? :)
Place the zip file in the folder you wish. Download folder, Media folder, whatever.

Then, in app settings/Decoder at the bottom of that settings page, point the app to that zip file location.

Sent from my official carrier unlocked LG V30+ US998

Last edited:

ManikandanGuru

Update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180126-074038.jpg
    Screenshot_20180126-074038.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 692

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12

XDA news covered it also:

https://www.xda-developers.com/mx-player-reportedly-bought-200-million/

One comment said "MX Player just works."

No, it "just works" with this custom codec! ;)

Sent from my official carrier unlocked LG V30+ US998

Thanks for the news guys!
I'll be very skeptical from here on out to see what they do.
I hope that Indian company knows what they're doing....

Other than that the MX player Dev man enjoy your money :cool:

el_easy

Jun 17, 2012
XDA-Forum
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Sid32

Feb 8, 2015
They mean can you tell Archos to use nPlayer as its default player.

I don't understand your question, when i said I switched to nPlayer, its because
I was using Terrarium TV with MX Player.
I had used Terrarium TV with Archos video player,but its not as good as MX Player, VLC, YesPlayer or nPlayer...

Reactions: angiotell

meles2

Oct 31, 2013
Tickled pink with my first use of MX Player on my new to me Moto X 2014 with 1080p amoled. VLC can't play Blu-ray backups, mkvs, etc without stuttering on the Moto. Used BubbleUPnP to get to NAS and have it set to bring up MX Player. Even plays Atmos tracks perfectly with no stuttering.:D

The million dollar question is with Android now supporting Atmos back to even Jellybean, will MX Player?:
htt........ps://techonation.com/install-dolby-atmos-on-android-without-root/ (installs Dolby Atmos Apk and you really need a rooted phone)
"Mobile devices use the same streaming-media Dolby Atmos soundtracks as do home theaters. The Dolby Atmos processor on the device takes the spatial information from the audio objects created for the cinema and renders them in virtual three-dimensional space over built-in speakers or headphones. It produces a sensation of movement and overhead sound that brings the story alive all around you.
Dolby Atmos for mobile devices works over any pair of headphones and is custom-tuned to get the most out of built-in stereo speakers. Not only does it deliver the best experience for Dolby Atmos content, it also greatly improves the sound of music, games, and television shows in any format on your device. It provides crisper dialogue, a more enveloping soundfield, greater subtlety and nuance, maximized loudness without distortion, and consistent playback volume for a wide variety of content."

So the question is will MX Player automatically pickup the Dobly Atmos Apk once it is working? (Works with Google Play Music) This would be seriously awesome and amazing as not even my new iPadPro with Dolby Vision will do Atmos via headphones.:good:

Pardon for posting here, but new and didn't really see much discussion of Atmos which is amazing at is works very well with both headphones and full systems; something no other format has done before.:laugh:

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Tickled pink with my first use of MX Player on my new to me Moto X 2014 with 1080p amoled. VLC can't play Blu-ray backups, mkvs, etc without stuttering on the Moto. Used BubbleUPnP to get to NAS and have it set to bring up MX Player. Even plays Atmos tracks perfectly with no stuttering.:D

The million dollar question is with Android now supporting Atmos back to even Jellybean, will MX Player?:
htt........ps://techonation.com/install-dolby-atmos-on-android-without-root/ (installs Dolby Atmos Apk and you really need a rooted phone)
"Mobile devices use the same streaming-media Dolby Atmos soundtracks as do home theaters. The Dolby Atmos processor on the device takes the spatial information from the audio objects created for the cinema and renders them in virtual three-dimensional space over built-in speakers or headphones. It produces a sensation of movement and overhead sound that brings the story alive all around you.
Dolby Atmos for mobile devices works over any pair of headphones and is custom-tuned to get the most out of built-in stereo speakers. Not only does it deliver the best experience for Dolby Atmos content, it also greatly improves the sound of music, games, and television shows in any format on your device. It provides crisper dialogue, a more enveloping soundfield, greater subtlety and nuance, maximized loudness without distortion, and consistent playback volume for a wide variety of content."

So the question is will MX Player automatically pickup the Dobly Atmos Apk once it is working? (Works with Google Play Music) This would be seriously awesome and amazing as not even my new iPadPro with Dolby Vision will do Atmos via headphones.:good:

Pardon for posting here, but new and didn't really see much discussion of Atmos which is amazing at is works very well with both headphones and full systems; something no other format has done before.:laugh:

Whatever you are claiming as Atmos is just DSP application which can emulate Atmos like surround effects. It's not the Dolby TrueHD with atmos decoder.

meles2

Oct 31, 2013
Whatever you are claiming as Atmos is just DSP application which can emulate Atmos like surround effects. It's not the Dolby TrueHD with atmos decoder.
Real Atmos of course is the best. I'm using the Dolby Access app made by Dolby. I have no idea how it does what it does, but I want more. For Android, I'm assuming Dolby has provided a similar result.

Sadly for me my Republic wireless phone cannot be jail broken, so I'm going to have to wait for mobile Atmos though I may just have to buy a budget phone like the Elephone S8 or some other device. I'd love a Sony Xperia premium phone which has 4K HDR screen. My iPad pro 10.5 has it all, but Atmos a long way off if ever (they claim coming for the Apple TV 4K). Hard to swallow the price tag of the Sony. Maybe need to investigate Amazon Fire HD with 10 inch 1080p screen for $120 and hack at that lol.

Of course still don't know if MX Player will interface with Dolby android application as described in my post above. I'm going to have to activate my 30 day trial soon as I have an xbox one s where I can do dolby Atmos for headphones with its game controller headphone jack. Then I could evaluate upmixing and native atmos playback for myself before going for a mobile device.

Reactions: klbjr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.