FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MX Player Problem on Galaxy S8 plus - Random stop working on background

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By lumix14, Junior Member on 31st August 2017, 04:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello

I am using Galaxy S8 plus (Latest update as of security patch dated Aug 1) with MX Player Pro (+ Neon Codec) . Whenever the player is working in background , it plays for like 10 or maximum 30 minutes and then it will no longer making any sound. (I am using this to listen to hours of music videos in backgroud in all my android devices)

I have checked and this is happen no matter using HW/HW+/SW codec and also it is same behavior no matter running on SD or Internal storage. (The Video are just 320p video)

I've already put the app monitoring on Galaxy S8+ stop / add to the unmonitored list and behavior is also same

If I use VLC to do the same in background , it doesn't stop so assume that is not SD card problem I am hitting ( no error in SD Card Monitor app)

Anyone have similar problem ? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to lumix14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lumix14 Ad-Free

31st August 2017, 07:38 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,031

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumix14

Hello

I am using Galaxy S8 plus (Latest update as of security patch dated Aug 1) with MX Player Pro (+ Neon Codec) . Whenever the player is working in background , it plays for like 10 or maximum 30 minutes and then it will no longer making any sound. (I am using this to listen to hours of music videos in backgroud in all my android devices)

I have checked and this is happen no matter using HW/HW+/SW codec and also it is same behavior no matter running on SD or Internal storage. (The Video are just 320p video)

I've already put the app monitoring on Galaxy S8+ stop / add to the unmonitored list and behavior is also same

If I use VLC to do the same in background , it doesn't stop so assume that is not SD card problem I am hitting ( no error in SD Card Monitor app)

Anyone have similar problem ? Thanks

HI,

When it stops, immediately open the MX Player again & collect the bug report from help menu and share here.
It will help us to understand the issue.
31st August 2017, 09:00 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

HI,

When it stops, immediately open the MX Player again & collect the bug report from help menu and share here.

Cool, let me simulate and get the logs . Thanks for prompt reply
31st August 2017, 09:48 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Hello,

This is the log file :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob0ves97z5...53627.zip?dl=0

And a video that after the screen is unlocked, the player counter seems got stuck and keep looping for like 3 seconds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yd2rb74uxi...itled.mp4?dl=0

Thanks a lot
4th September 2017, 04:52 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

HI,

Hi Thirumalai,

Is the logs and the video sufficient for this ? To supplement , it also same behavior when the screen is "on" playing video in foreground (Or .mp4 / aac audio file etc)

Thanks
4th September 2017, 10:45 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Hi Thirumalai,

Is the logs and the video sufficient for this ? To supplement , it also same behavior when the screen is "on" playing video in foreground (Or .mp4 / aac audio file etc)

Thanks

hmm. That's wired. Does it happen in all decoders when the player is in the foreground?
can you collect some logs again?
5th September 2017, 06:23 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

hmm. That's wired. Does it happen in all decoders when the player is in the foreground?
can you collect some logs again?

Let me try and give them tomorrow. Is there any suspicious thing identify on the previous logs ? Thanks
5th September 2017, 07:29 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Let me try and give them tomorrow. Is there any suspicious thing identify on the previous logs ? Thanks

Our team is still investigating on it. We couldn't reproduce it in our test S8 devices.

We are waiting for your new logs. If there is no useful information, we may have to try the same content.
6th September 2017, 11:55 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Our team is still investigating on it. We couldn't reproduce it in our test S8 devices.

We are waiting for your new logs. If there is no useful information, we may have to try the same content.

I can actually reproduce the problem now (not on a specific video but seems to be something longer than e.g. 22 minutes )

Let me send you a video link from youtube and you can do that simulation on your side by download it to the internal folder by using same video I am using (not only one video have problem but I play the same file twice and figured out both 2 times stop on around similar time frame)

I will provide the logs when I back home

Thanks
6th September 2017, 06:06 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I can actually reproduce the problem now (not on a specific video but seems to be something longer than e.g. 22 minutes )

Let me send you a video link from youtube and you can do that simulation on your side by download it to the internal folder by using same video I am using (not only one video have problem but I play the same file twice and figured out both 2 times stop on around similar time frame)

I will provide the logs when I back home

Thanks

Video (not only this one has problem, no problem if i play with screen on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnOaklQOttw

Logs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0fsdwha9v...00156.zip?dl=0
7th September 2017, 04:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Experiencing the same behaviour on OnePlus 5 running Lineage. Happens with the screen off or the player in background, with or without custom codec using software, hardware or hardware+ decoder.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)