MX Player Problem on Galaxy S8 plus - Random stop working on background

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By lumix14, Junior Member on 31st August 2017, 04:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2017, 04:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Experiencing the same behaviour on OnePlus 5 running Lineage. Happens with the screen off or the player in background, with or without custom codec using software, hardware or hardware+ decoder.

7th September 2017, 08:06 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSnowyXx

Experiencing the same behaviour on OnePlus 5 running Lineage. Happens with the screen off or the player in background, with or without custom codec using software, hardware or hardware+ decoder.

Thank you , this means I am not alone on this issue.
8th September 2017, 02:43 AM |#13  

More
It doesn't seem to happen with every file...some MP3s seem fine, some fail consistently, AVC/AAC from YouTube and Twitch have the same problem, but less frequently. This podcast seems to have the problem pretty consistently...it'll play for about 10 minutes 50 seconds and then stop until you close the file and open it again or seek forward. Just got this phone and didn't have any of these problems on my S5 with all the same settings.
8th September 2017, 05:09 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It doesn't seem to happen with every file...some MP3s seem fine, some fail consistently, AVC/AAC from YouTube and Twitch have the same problem, but less frequently. This podcast seems to have the problem pretty consistently...it'll play for about 10 minutes 50 seconds and then stop until you close the file and open it again or seek forward. Just got this phone and didn't have any of these problems on my S5 with all the same settings.

Yeah, I have the exact symptom for some files. But it happen even for some DVD converted video I did it myself.

It seems to be some audio related bug and yesterday it stopped on forescreen (screen on) as well for some other files.
8th September 2017, 07:39 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumix14

Yeah, I have the exact symptom for some files. But it happen even for some DVD converted video I did it myself.

It seems to be some audio related bug and yesterday it stopped on forescreen (screen on) as well for some other files.

HI,

we have tried the same youtube video in our S8 Plus multiple times. still, couldn't reproduce the issue. It played completely till the end. Are running the device in power saver mode? In the logs, We have noticed buffering throughout the playback which is quite abnormal for a local file. The second thing the video was continuously playing till you tapped on the notification.

Is it possible to collect the complete system logs using adb? The bug report from MX Player will be limited MX Player logs.
Complete logs may give more insight if it's something related to system services.
8th September 2017, 09:30 AM |#16  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

HI,

we have tried the same youtube video in our S8 Plus multiple times. still, couldn't reproduce the issue. It played completely till the end. Are running the device in power saver mode? In the logs, We have noticed buffering throughout the playback which is quite abnormal for a local file. The second thing the video was continuously playing till you tapped on the notification.

and like you observed , once I click the notification , it resumed......

Is it possible to collect the complete system logs using adb? The bug report from MX Player will be limited MX Player logs.
Complete logs may give more insight if it's something related to system services.

Hi Thirumalai,

I guess that is related to some buffer related setting as well. It is same for powersave , on , off , on with unmonitored app etc ( on all HW/HW+/SW codec combination)

Here is video that it is keep looping itself https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=S7-YzedXTO0

What is the adb command to dump complete system logs ? ( I need some time to work on that as I am not an ADBer......)

Thanks
8th September 2017, 09:35 AM |#17  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi Thirumalai,

and like you observed , once I click in the notification, it resumed......

Thanks
9th September 2017, 04:39 AM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumix14

I've attached the player log and system log with hopefully everything included. I glanced at the player log and also saw entries related to http and buffering when I only played a local file so I'm fairly sure we're both having the same issue.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (135.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: zip report_2017-09-09_122750.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.1 KB, 10 views)
9th September 2017, 05:12 AM |#19  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I've attached the player log and system log with hopefully everything included. I glanced at the player log and also saw entries related to http and buffering when I only played a local file so I'm fairly sure we're both having the same issue.

Is this log collected immediately after noticing the issue?
The last playback was a mp3 file & lasted 1-2mins.

Looks like you are playing through a Bluetooth device. is it happens when playing through internal speakers?
Suspect it happens when there is a drop on the Bluetooth connection.
9th September 2017, 05:37 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Is this log collected immediately after noticing the issue?
The last playback was a mp3 file & lasted 1-2mins.

Looks like you are playing through a Bluetooth device. is it happens when playing through internal speakers?
Suspect it happens when there is a drop on the Bluetooth connection.

I'd thought the same thing initially but it happens whether Bluetooth is connected or not. That particular file always plays for about 10 minutes at a time so it makes it easier to reproduce the problem but I was playing at 400% speed for brevity - it stops in the same way at normal speed. The logs are intentionally cut down in order to keep only relevant data. The same file plays fine on my S5 and other videos and audio do the same thing though less consistently.
9th September 2017, 06:05 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I'd thought the same thing initially but it happens whether Bluetooth is connected or not. That particular file always plays for about 10 minutes at a time so it makes it easier to reproduce the problem but I was playing at 400% speed for brevity - it stops in the same way at normal speed. The logs are intentionally cut down in order to keep only relevant data. The same file plays fine on my S5 and other videos and audio do the same thing though less consistently.

If it's with specific file it should be something with the file. Can you share the file? We will try to reproduce it in our test devices.
@lumix14 has problems with almost every file.
If you are using a Bluetooth device, can you check again with internal speaker?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)