MX Player Problem on Galaxy S8 plus - Random stop working on background

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By lumix14, Junior Member on 31st August 2017, 03:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2017, 08:00 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hello, I'm also using OnePlus 5 (like xXSnowyXx) with exactly same mxplayer random stopping issue. Happens on original stock ROM and many different roms I tried.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this issue. I thought I had bad hardware unit. I see others have posted logs, would posting my logs help more?

20th September 2017, 01:49 PM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,014

More
@xXSnowyXx
@keepasa

Can you disable battery optimizations & check again? Looks like very aggressive battery optimizations by some OEM causing issues with MX. We are investigating the issue. We will try to get it fixed at the earliest.
20th September 2017, 02:28 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Had disabled mxplayer battery optimization at the very beginning. (Settings--battery). I was hoping that was it earlier on. I thank you in advance for your continued efforts & dedication to help resolve this indeed strange issue.
21st September 2017, 01:42 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@Thirumalai.K I also tried that to begin with and it didn't help.
6th October 2017, 03:32 AM |#35  

More
Switched from Lineage to Ressurection Remix and still having the same problem on a clean install.
7th October 2017, 05:07 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSnowyXx

Switched from Lineage to Ressurection Remix and still having the same problem on a clean install.

I had a problem like this with Pixel XL but the most recent security update for Android 8.0.0 (October 5) fixed my problems. Don't know if that helps your case...
7th October 2017, 09:33 PM |#37  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endroclast

I had a problem like this with Pixel XL but the most recent security update for Android 8.0.0 (October 5) fixed my problems. Don't know if that helps your case...

I guess I can only hope to get the same result when Oreo rolls out proper for the OP5.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)