FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mx Player and Tegra X1+

314 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By londere, Senior Member on 18th November 2019, 03:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I use an Nvidia Shield TV, the most of the usage is for IPTV transmission, I want to know if there will be codec support for this device, I tried tegra3 codec but it says, using ARM 7 Neon Codec.

In advance greetings.
18th November 2019, 01:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by londere

Hello, I use an Nvidia Shield TV, the most of the usage is for IPTV transmission, I want to know if there will be codec support for this device, I tried tegra3 codec but it says, using ARM 7 Neon Codec.

In advance greetings.

Hey Londere,

Tegra3 chipset basically is based on ARM-v7a architecture and fully supports Neon instructions. Previously, MX had an additional codec pack due to a firmware bug on the devices with Tegra3 chips. However, it no longer requires an additional patch to work. So, there is no need to install any additional codec packs from Google Play until or unless the app asks you to install.

Hope this information helps.
27th November 2019, 10:08 AM |#3  
Flag СПБ
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

Hey Londere,

Tegra3 chipset basically is based on ARM-v7a architecture and fully supports Neon instructions. Previously, MX had an additional codec pack due to a firmware bug on the devices with Tegra3 chips. However, it no longer requires an additional patch to work. So, there is no need to install any additional codec packs from Google Play until or unless the app asks you to install.

Hope this information helps.

To the OP, you don't need extra codec pack for this chip.

To the MX Player guy - this is the Tegra X1 chipset present in Nvidia Shield TV & not the Tegra 3 from 2012!

Atleast read the posts properly!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
codec, shield tv, tegra x1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)