FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pause when turning screen off with background play enabled

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ehead, Junior Member on 11th December 2016, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, just wondering if there is anything that can be done about this? I have a Samsung S7 and when I turn the screen off with background play enabled there is a 1 or 2 second pause before the audio continues. Oddly enough I've noticed this is something that afflicts other players with background play abilities as well. The only player I have that doesn't have this pause is podcast addict (it can play videos too). Anyway, it's not the biggest deal in the world but I would classify it under slightly annoying, especially when I feel the need to turn the screen on and off frequently for whatever reason.

Come to think of it... I wonder if podcast addict is buffering and that's why it doesn't run into this problem? Could be. Anyway... any tips, hints, suggestions? If this is an easy fix that would be awesome.

12th December 2016, 07:56 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,982

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehead

Hi, just wondering if there is anything that can be done about this? I have a Samsung S7 and when I turn the screen off with background play enabled there is a 1 or 2 second pause before the audio continues. Oddly enough I've noticed this is something that afflicts other players with background play abilities as well. The only player I have that doesn't have this pause is podcast addict (it can play videos too). Anyway, it's not the biggest deal in the world but I would classify it under slightly annoying, especially when I feel the need to turn the screen on and off frequently for whatever reason.

Come to think of it... I wonder if podcast addict is buffering and that's why it doesn't run into this problem? Could be. Anyway... any tips, hints, suggestions? If this is an easy fix that would be awesome.

No, It's not like that. Infact the pause is intentionally done by the developer to avoid issues on many device while detaching the video surface. It was not there in 1.7.x. but, introduced later on latest 1.8.x as a fix.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
12th December 2016, 02:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

No, It's not like that. Infact the pause is intentionally done by the developer to avoid issues on many device while detaching the video surface. It was not there in 1.7.x. but, introduced later on latest 1.8.x as a fix.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs

Thanks for the info. From your answer it sounds like havoc ensues when turning the screen off on some devices. I wonder if the developer would be willing to create an "advanced" setting or something that could control this behavior?
25th March 2017, 11:08 AM |#4  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same issue here. I rely on this feature to help me go to sleep. The starting and stopping is very annoying.
27th March 2017, 08:49 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,982

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeWorthy76

Same issue here. I rely on this feature to help me go to sleep. The starting and stopping is very annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehead

Thanks for the info. From your answer it sounds like havoc ensues when turning the screen off on some devices. I wonder if the developer would be willing to create an "advanced" setting or something that could control this behavior?

We are making an option to make it optional. It will be available on next update.
16th July 2017, 07:38 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

We are making an option to make it optional. It will be available on next update.

The problem still hasn't been fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)