FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PIP behavior

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Cryptux, Junior Member on 9th August 2019, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks!

A little request to the devs for this wonderful media player which is almost perfect! It's regarding the new PIP feature.
I'm not sure if it's because of my mobile phone (Huawei P20 Pro) but it doesn't work as it should be at least compared to VLC which also has this feature.
When I long press the home button, it gets me to the home screen and when PIP feature is activated, it switches the player to this PIP mode. This is fine, but then if I want to close the app, also by pressing back button to close the player, it also switches to PIP mode instead of exiting the player. This doesn't happen under VLC and at least in my opinion, it's the normal behavior in that case.
So in fact when we activate this PIP option, there is no quick way to exit the player completely without being redirected to PIP and then close the PIP mode by hitting the cross. I'm not sure, but maybe adding the quit shortcut button in the player itself is a possibility but it's not convenient and not normal way to quit an app by hitting the back button.

A way to improve this?

12th August 2019, 10:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptux

Hi folks!

A little request to the devs for this wonderful media player which is almost perfect! It's regarding the new PIP feature.
I'm not sure if it's because of my mobile phone (Huawei P20 Pro) but it doesn't work as it should be at least compared to VLC which also has this feature.
When I long press the home button, it gets me to the home screen and when PIP feature is activated, it switches the player to this PIP mode. This is fine, but then if I want to close the app, also by pressing back button to close the player, it also switches to PIP mode instead of exiting the player. This doesn't happen under VLC and at least in my opinion, it's the normal behavior in that case.
So in fact when we activate this PIP option, there is no quick way to exit the player completely without being redirected to PIP and then close the PIP mode by hitting the cross. I'm not sure, but maybe adding the quit shortcut button in the player itself is a possibility but it's not convenient and not normal way to quit an app by hitting the back button.

A way to improve this?

We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing this with our product team for further improvements on this.
Thank You!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)