FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PiP mode for Android O

2,221 posts
Thanks Meter: 729

By MrKaon, Senior Member on 24th August 2017, 07:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi
Is it possible to have PiP mode in Android O?
So far handful apps supporting it but no video player.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrKaon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrKaon Ad-Free

19th September 2017, 09:42 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 729

More
No one?

The Following User Says Thank You to MrKaon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrKaon Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 05:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKaon

No one?

Try vlc player it is currently supporting.Mx player will be adding it in future
The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvdave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhruvdave Ad-Free
29th September 2017, 11:51 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is my #1 most requested feature for MX Player. I really hope it is implemented as I keep checking this forum and general updates every day. I have tried VLC player and it works very well with PiP but find MX Player better in every other aspect.

Could a dev let us know if this is actively being worked on and if so, is it anywhere near release?

Thank you very much
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stage121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stage121 Ad-Free
13th November 2017, 10:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Is the pip available in any of the latest versions? else hope PIP is on the todo list, the PIP in VLC is really useful and cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aswin08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aswin08 Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 06:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswin08

Is the pip available in any of the latest versions? else hope PIP is on the todo list, the PIP in VLC is really useful and cool.

Yeah, I’ve already switched to VLC. It works really well

Couldn’t keep waiting for MX Player to catch up...
The Following User Says Thank You to stage121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stage121 Ad-Free
12th January 2018, 07:21 AM |#8  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Yeah +1
All video players have either pip or floating window mode except mx player.. the devs have been promising this essential functionality for too long.. mx is great but watching in split window of nougat isn't practical as it takes a large part of the screen and disappears when the keyboard is open.. and many apps don't support being put in split screen
The Following User Says Thank You to adhammagdy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adhammagdy Ad-Free
3rd February 2018, 10:30 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhammagdy

Yeah +1
All video players have either pip or floating window mode except mx player.. the devs have been promising this essential functionality for too long.. mx is great but watching in split window of nougat isn't practical as it takes a large part of the screen and disappears when the keyboard is open.. and many apps don't support being put in split screen

I only use mx player, but why it still no pip?
4th February 2018, 04:55 AM |#10  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies1

I only use mx player, but why it still no pip?

The developers are lazy
5th February 2018, 06:34 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089

More
We have some plans for supporting PIP in future.
But, It may need lot works as MX Player is very complicated in nature when compared to others. So, we can't provide any timelines about the availability.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)