FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PIP mode AND background playback

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Armand Bernard, Member on 10th November 2019, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I really like PIP mode for multi-tasking, I also like being able to lock my phone and listen to a video's audio (i.e. Background Playback). What I don't understand is why I can't have both.

When I have PIP mode turned on in the settings of both MX Player and VLC both will pause playback when I lock my phone. Is this a technical issue and if so does anyone have a solution or alternative?
YouTube does not seem to have this issue, as they can seamlessly transfer between foreground, PIP and background playback.

I've searched the internet but no one seems to mention this (either that or I'm awful at searching).
12th November 2019, 08:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand Bernard

I really like PIP mode for multi-tasking, I also like being able to lock my phone and listen to a video's audio (i.e. Background Playback). What I don't understand is why I can't have both.

When I have PIP mode turned on in the settings of both MX Player and VLC both will pause playback when I lock my phone. Is this a technical issue and if so does anyone have a solution or alternative?
YouTube does not seem to have this issue, as they can seamlessly transfer between foreground, PIP and background playback.

I've searched the internet but no one seems to mention this (either that or I'm awful at searching).

Unfortunately, it's not directly possible at the moment. However, you can achieve something similar by combining the existing settings.
  1. Set PIP/Background Play mode to Background Play
  2. Play any video file
  3. Enter into PIP mode by using the onscreen button

Hope this helps.
12th November 2019, 11:58 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

Unfortunately, it's not directly possible at the moment. However, you can achieve something similar by combining the existing settings.

1. Set PIP/Background Play mode to Background Play
  2. Play any video file
  3. Enter into PIP mode by using the onscreen button

Hope this helps.

Oh. That's a shame, but I didn't know about the button. I'll use that from now on. Thank you for the advice!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
background playback, picture-in-picture

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)