FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Latest Pro app update broke app for Android TV. Possible workaround. (Oct. 25, 2019)

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By DimeDrl, Junior Member on 26th October 2019, 12:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just started up mx player to watch a few videos on my Sony TV with android TV and the app is not usable after the last update.

The app is now locked into portrait orientation and the directions inputs for navigation won't respond. The cursor is stuck on the button that used to be the settings menu, but with that menu gone, I can't access it to make any changes. It has basically become unusable with a remote.

I managed to find a workaround, but its not a permanent solution. I have a bluetooth keyboard with touchpad I can pair to my tv, so I was able to access the settings menu by starting a video. There was no way to change the list rotation or re-enable remote control inputs. But after exiting the video, the settings menu button reappeared and remote control navigation re-enabled. Restarting the app also reset the orientation detection to landscape.

I'm not sure why all this worked, but it seems to have made MX Player functional on Android TV again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X8v5lp5X6R.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	4856025  
The Following User Says Thank You to DimeDrl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DimeDrl Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 10:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The same issue applies to Android tablets. Had to roll back to the previous version.
29th October 2019, 09:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
At Mi TV Box the same, mx Player pro opens in portrait mode.

Wysłane z mojego MI PAD 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka
29th October 2019, 12:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daromar

At Mi TV Box the same, mx Player pro opens in portrait mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Madhatter

The same issue applies to Android tablets. Had to roll back to the previous version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimeDrl

I just started up mx player to watch a few videos on my Sony TV with android TV and the app is not usable after the last update.

We are sorry to bring you this inconveniences. We have already released a quick fix for the same. However, due to the Google Play Policy changes, it may take several days to review the updates. Meanwhile, request you to install the latest build from our website (http://apps.mxplayer.in/download) and it may fix your issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MXPlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MXPlayer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)