[Question] / [Bug] Using MX Player with ES File Explorer on Marshmallow

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By valXypher, Junior Member on 17th January 2016, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2016, 10:03 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
:| any workaround? any other apps that can allow mx player to stream over LAN? I believe it used to work with my previous phone. I had an s7 that turned out not to be waterproof and I had to buy another one (also s7) and now it does not work...

26th July 2016, 08:42 PM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,938

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukatar

Still no solution to this?

Actually it's a bug with earlier marshmallow. Later it's fixed by Google. Just install any new video player you never had installed or intent intercept. Everything will back. Then you can uninstall the new app.

I have found a workaround for this bug & it's already applied by the Developer. Hopefully it will be on the next version.
13th August 2016, 03:27 AM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu

More
@lukatar @valXypher @f3bruary @dhruvdave

Can you check whether the issue is resolved or not..?
I think its should work with yesterday's update.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
13th August 2016, 03:44 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

Seems to work fine now with ES. Though I actually moved to Solid Explorer a few weeks back and MX works pretty well with it.

Thanks!
13th August 2016, 04:19 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valXypher

Seems to work fine now with ES. Though I actually moved to Solid Explorer a few weeks back and MX works pretty well with it.

Thanks!

Solid explore has some issues as well. It doesn't pick activities based on URI pattern. When it doesn't know the extension (for eg VOB), it just sends mimetype as */* which results in list of all activities available in system. Literally it will bring a large list with unnecessary apps & difficult to choose the right app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
13th August 2016, 06:49 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

@lukatar @valXypher @f3bruary @dhruvdave

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Yes it is now working thanks
11th January 2017, 06:47 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valXypher

Hi guys, please help me out.

Sometimes I want to browse through my videos on my phone using ES File Explorer. Whenever I try to play a video, a list of applicable video players pops up. Of course, MX Player is on the list and I set that to default.

Here's the problem: When I want to play videos on the network (from my PC) using ES File Explorer, the list does not show MX Player at all so I can't use it to play my videos and most of them are even in MKV format. Even VLC for Android that I installed for testing won't show up on the list. I was surprised that QuickPic's video player is on there and I didn't even know they had a player. I can play videos over the network using MX Player w/ no problems on my Asus Zenfone 5 and OnePlus X which has Lollipop. I'm assuming this could be something with Marshmallow since my current device is a Moto X Pure with Android 6.0. I already emailed the dev team of ES and I yet to receive a reply from them.
I was thinking, if QuickPic can be detected by ES, maybe something could be done with MX Player as well.

Any ideas?

I was facing same problem.
It doesn't need to switch either your file browser of player.
Just go to settings >> Access Permissions >> App Links >> Go to MX player & do the following settings..

"Go to "Open Supported links" & choose " Open in this App" OR "Ask Every Time".
It worked on OPX ( Marshmallow).

Hope it works for you..
15th March 2017, 08:15 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I had just the same issue with ES 1.05 pro on galaxy Note 4, 6.0.1. I tried to fix by going in phone settings, application manager, ES file explorer, and there the button Clear defaults was active, so I hit it but again mkv files open with native es explorer video player and not MX player. For avi files it asks me how to open them and which player to use. Very strange. I got confused because it worked with mkv yesterday on my phone and I haven't done anything special.

Where is this "settings >> Access Permissions >> App Links" - in phone settings or es settings? I can't find it.

I uninstalled ES and then restored it through AppBackup&restore and it works now, strange.
21st May 2017, 10:01 PM |#19  

More
Turn your mxplayer from hardware (HW) to software (SW) decoding. The button is on the main screen. I bet it says HW. Software decoding supports more file types including mp4 and mkv. Failing that, just rename your file with a avi extension (let mx player sort it out), then you will be able to select mxplayer from the list of players. L8r D
22nd May 2017, 06:24 AM |#20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deomandinka

Turn your mxplayer from hardware (HW) to software (SW) decoding. The button is on the main screen. I bet it says HW. Software decoding supports more file types including mp4 and mkv. Failing that, just rename your file with a avi extension (let mx player sort it out), then you will be able to select mxplayer from the list of players. L8r D

It's firmware bug on marshmallow devices. You have to just uninstall/disable the app that's set to default. Once you have done, MX Player will be listed again. Then you may install the app you have uninstalled.
Yesterday, 06:49 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

It's firmware bug on marshmallow devices. You have to just uninstall/disable the app that's set to default. Once you have done, MX Player will be listed again. Then you may install the app you have uninstalled.

No it isn't. Thanks for nothing. I tried what you suggested and now even my bug fix doesn't work. Can I suggest that you actually try these things out before you post them. Mine worked perfectly.
Your fix just screwed it up completely. Congratulations.
However you can still rename the file extension and that works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)