FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Request] 18:9 or 18.5:9 support in next MXPlayer

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By Kantana, Senior Member on 20th April 2017, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Devs, can we get support for the LG G6 and Samsung S8 in next release pls? Specifically the new ratio screens 18:9 and 18.5:9 any maybe HDR support as well?

4th May 2017, 10:05 AM |#2  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantana

Hi Devs, can we get support for the LG G6 and Samsung S8 in next release pls? Specifically the new ratio screens 18:9 and 18.5:9 any maybe HDR support as well?

If the video does not support 18:9, the player cannot do much about that.
28th May 2017, 11:05 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietkao

And what about HDR? It is unfortunate that being one of the most advance players it doesnt support HDR yet. Does anyone know if it will be support it soon in any future release?
29th May 2017, 08:00 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,970

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoga

And what about HDR? It is unfortunate that being one of the most advance players it doesnt support HDR yet. Does anyone know if it will be support it soon in any future release?

HDR is device dependant. Based on some other reports, looks like s8 automatically adjust the dynamic range when HW decoder is used with a HDR video.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantana

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietkao

Upcoming version 1.9.0 will support the more wide aspect ratios. Kindly be patient till we finalize 1.9.0.
29th May 2017, 02:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

HDR is device dependant. Based on some other reports, looks like s8 automatically adjust the dynamic range when HW decoder is used with a HDR video.

I have some HDR 10 videos and if I play them using samsung video player you can see that HDR is applied (you can see HDR legend) and the colors look wonderful but if I play them using MX player it doesnt matter what option on decoder I pick it doesnt apply HDR and the colors are all wash and not vivid when compare when running samsung video. So i guess MX player is still no compatible with HDR or with S8 either way I hope this will be added in a future release.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)