Hey, actually I just was searching if anyhow I could cast my mx player to Chromecast but not through the phone's cast button in the notification shade because that just mirror's the whole screen and you can't do anything else is you are casting your screen for a movie or something else and also it consumes a lot of the battery too. Whereas a separate cast button,
if it's available on the mx player, would be a great relief as we could then even switch off the phone's display and both the functionality as well as the battery could be saved.
Well there are some good options for casting to the TV like local cast and web video caster but if mx player merges both of theirs functionalities it would turn out to be the most feature loaded and complete video as well as audio streaming app. I hope I'm going to get this app update soon enough coz I've been waiting for the same since long.
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K
Hi MX Player users,
We know that many users are interested to see chromecast support inside the MX Player. So, we need your inputs to implement in a better way. We have some basic questions which will help us to understand better.
- Have you you ever used Cast feature provided in Android itself? Even with that You can still cast your screen & audio using Google Home.
- What's the advantage of separate chromecast option over the android's inbuilt cast feature
- If you are not using/intrested Android's Cast feature, what's method you are using to play with chromecast?
- What are the chromecast related options you are expecting to be implemented in MX Player's side
- Can you share some design thoughts like screenshots from others?
The more you provide the input, we can give you the best from MX Player.