Share you opinion about Chromecast expectations

1,989 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,007

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 29th March 2017, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th June 2017, 06:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It will be great to have chromecast support on mxplayer.
I use chromecast to watch video links on tv, but need to use AndStream apk and AllConnect apk to send it from web to tv, will be grat if there will be an way to watch videos thru mxplayer on tv.

5th June 2017, 12:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
I've rarely ask for help or tips on problems that occur with tech. But, a week ago I used to tether my nexus 6 to my chromecast in my car, and also be able to use the phone to play music, videos back on my car's screen. Now the phone won't pick up my chromecast. I can use other devices, such as phone, tablets that are connected to my cellphone mobile data. Any ideas as to why it stop working? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T710 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
6th July 2017, 09:06 AM |#13  
Flag Fountain Valley
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I think that it would be great to be able to cast from the app.
I don't know why you haven't done it sooner. I have been using ES File explorers Chromecast plugin and it's not stable. Please include the ability to cast from your app.
10th July 2017, 09:49 AM |#14  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,007

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolishesh

I've rarely ask for help or tips on problems that occur with tech. But, a week ago I used to tether my nexus 6 to my chromecast in my car, and also be able to use the phone to play music, videos back on my car's screen. Now the phone won't pick up my chromecast. I can use other devices, such as phone, tablets that are connected to my cellphone mobile data. Any ideas as to why it stop working? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T710 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Hi,

It's chromecast & Device specific issue. It's better to ask in the Device specific forum.
12th July 2017, 09:44 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 2,509

Donate to Me
More
I have input on using built-in Android casting.

Like many other's say, the main advantage to using an apps native cast is that you can then use your device for something else as well. Secondly, the screen has to be on the whole time when using inbuilt casting - it's annoying.
30th July 2017, 04:30 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please do add chromecast support to MX Player

Why ?

Many phones do not support built in cast feature of Android. My phone hangs when I try to cast the screen through Google Home
Currently using ES File Explorer's player
It would be great to cast videos to TV with subtitles

Other options are Local Cast ( does not play some formats due to codec issue ), All Cast ( leaves their logo on screen in free version ).
9th August 2017, 08:42 PM |#17  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
yes,Please add chromecast casting as a feature ,Thank you
26th August 2017, 03:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Why are there so much questions about why you should add chromecast support.

The Userbase is allready asking for it for years, why are tou STALLING so much.

The USERS want it, and they have PAYED for the app and development, and there has been ONE update in the last year
28th August 2017, 10:29 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Support for chromecast would be great! Thank you!

Quote:

What's the advantage of separate chromecast option over the android's inbuilt cast feature

Having extensively used android's inbuilt cast feature on 6.0.1 to watch content on MX Player, I can note the following:
  1. The screen of the phone/tablet has to be on all the time, which leads to accidental input (you press something you did not want to) and reduced battery life
  2. Video playback, compared to apps that have support for chromecast is not as good. Frames seem to accelerate or lag randomly and things that look like compression artefacts appear occasionally
  3. Volume control of the chromecast device itself is a bit quirky: Using android's inbuilt cast feature you have to open an app with chromecast support first (e.g. spotify, or youtube) and adjust the volume chromcast outputs to the TV. The volume changes within MX Player are of minimal impact when using android's inbuilt cast feature, so if chromcast volume is too low you cannot bring it up enough.
Quote:

What are the chromecast related options you are expecting to be implemented in MX Player's side

The player's volume could be tied to chromecast volume (see point no.3 above)
Quote:

Can you share some design thoughts like screenshots from others?

I believe something as simple as this would be ok: You're watching a video and you just press the cast icon that appears if a device is available to cast the stream.
I cannot post an image or a link to showcase what I mean as I am a new user
30th August 2017, 11:33 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
This is the only thing this player needs so far, it needs to have video casting on smart TVs. How can the best video player not have that..while the likes of Samsung video players have it long long ago. Comon ppl. We need this.
5th September 2017, 08:56 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 264

Donate to Me
More
I really want to see chromecast added into MX Player. It would be much more convenient and less troublesome. I have used the built-in Google application and All Cast Pro to stream my MX player videos, but MX Player plays so many formats and it would be such a wonderful add on to be able to cast directly from the Application. I would even be willing to pay for an add on or plug in for this option if it were seamless.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, mx player

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)