1,989 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,007

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 29th March 2017, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2017, 08:56 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 264

Donate to Me
More
I really want to see chromecast added into MX Player. It would be much more convenient and less troublesome. I have used the built-in Google application and All Cast Pro to stream my MX player videos, but MX Player plays so many formats and it would be such a wonderful add on to be able to cast directly from the Application. I would even be willing to pay for an add on or plug in for this option if it were seamless.

7th September 2017, 08:37 AM |#22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,007

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king.james

I really want to see chromecast added into MX Player. It would be much more convenient and less troublesome. I have used the built-in Google application and All Cast Pro to stream my MX player videos, but MX Player plays so many formats and it would be such a wonderful add on to be able to cast directly from the Application. I would even be willing to pay for an add on or plug in for this option if it were seamless.

Hi,

Chromecast supports only limited formats.
When MX Player runs on an android device it can make use of FFmpeg to decode the unsupported formats which may not be possible with chrome cast. The only option at the moment is transcoding the video real time in a supported format which is very difficult to achieve real-time when it comes to mobile devices. It needs huge CPU power. Moreover, it may fry down your CPU and will drain the battery faster.

Our team is still researching to find a way to support unsupported formats. We will try to bring basic chrome cast functionalities first. We will try to extend the functionalities if we can find a workaround for the issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, mx player

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)