Thanks Meter: 4,055

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 29th March 2017, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2018, 08:35 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king.james

I really want to see chromecast added into MX Player. It would be much more convenient and less troublesome. I have used the built-in Google application and All Cast Pro to stream my MX player videos, but MX Player plays so many formats and it would be such a wonderful add on to be able to cast directly from the Application. I would even be willing to pay for an add on or plug in for this option if it were seamless.

Me too . but I'm looking forward to the next step.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oanksser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oanksser Ad-Free

24th January 2018, 08:05 AM |#32  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 27

More
benifits of cast support
Per app casting is better that android built in casting for the following reasons:

I will use youtube as an example since it supports casting..

First is multitasking.. regular casting mirrors your whole screen to the tv.. so you can't watch a movie on tv and reply to a message quickly.. you'll have to cut the immersion...
In youtube, the youtube app will keep mirroring to the screen even after you minimize it to reply to your message..

Second is power saving..
In regular cast, you have to keep the screen turned on all the time.. if you lock the screen the tv will show a black screen and stop audio..
If you cast with youtube, you can turn off the phone screen to save power while still watching on tv..

Third is privacy..
If you're watching a movie with your friends using regular passive casting.. any notification that pops up on the phone will also show up on tv.. so it will be annoying if you get many notifications and everything will be visible to everyone..
In youtube, only the video is shown on tv..

Fourth is performance..
In regular casting, performance of rendering is bad since no hardware acceleration can be used.. also you're limited by the phone resolution. So if you want to play a 1080 video on a 720 phone, the video will be downscaled and lose quality..
In youtube or any cast enabled app, you can play at higher resolutions.. use hardware acceleration.. and render only the video and not the surrounding Android ui..

Also.. some people would suggest using DLNA or miracast instead of screen casting..

Well this is true but.. there are benifits to screen casting:
-You can use your favourite video player...
-You can play videos with drm content...
-You can play youtube with subtitles, hulu, netflix which are not supported by video players..
-You can play videos from websites if your browser supports casting..
-You can change the audio track, subtitle track, and play any video format that's supported by the video app on the phone and not stuck with only the formats dlna supports.. for example, mx player supports real media rmvb videos, so you can play them with mx.. these videos aren't supported by any protocol..

I understand that the developers of mx player want to make it lean and fast as possible and not put features that seem unimportant to them.. but they are essential to many people..
I personally can't live without mx player pro.. but also can't live without picture-in-picture and casting support..

I don't really think that mx player devs care about user feedback as there are features that are being requested for years and still aren't done.. the last time I sent a feature request for floating window playback.. they said it will be done in the next major version... It has been a whole year and still no major version...
The Following User Says Thank You to adhammagdy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adhammagdy Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 07:51 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I give you 1 ****ing good reason. It will make MXplayer awesome for users who use casting feature alot. Today all media app have inbuilt cast. Certain app user MXplayer to stream service. And thats where we feel limited as we can't cast streaming video on big screen because MXPlayer LACK casting feature.

Same issue with VLC player. so two of the best streaming player lack one of the widely used feature among andriod community..i.e casting.

By adding it first MXplayer will be the coolest.

MXplayer , VLC , KODI , Showbox all open unlimited content access posibility.

If KoDI had added casting I would have not bought streaming box Nvedia shiled TV. And my phone would have been my media center.

Just think you hangout at friend play . You have amazing content but sharing restricting limit your content to small screen. You travel to hotel and carry chromecast dongle ... and want to watch a new movie from showbox or simply searching some online content which stream on mx player.. oh but MXplayer dont have cast feature. You can't do that as you have to check email or maybe use phone for surfing while you watching content. so you decided to dump mxplayer and open netflix , hbogo, abc , fxnow ..because all these have inbuilt cast .. which mxplayer lack.

That mean usablity reduced for mxplayer. Now someone understand the pain and comeup with player with builtin casting and steal all user base from mxplayer ...because they are rigid to adapt change and listen. They behave like big corporation even before they become one.

make sense .. or you need more feedback before adding features
20th February 2018, 03:30 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
1. Yes. It's not a good experience. Cast-enabled apps allow me to text people and do other stuff while still watching the video on the TV.

2. Screen mirroring using android's built-in feature is resource intensive. It drains a lot of battery and prevents you from turning off the screen.

3. Using other apps besides MX Player. I use ServerCast to play local files and Plex for the movies I have saved on the computer. Considering VLC too.

4. Being able to cast MP4/MKV files to the Chromecast with subtitles. I know codec support on Chromecast is pretty limited. And android phones don't have enough power to reencode videos. But files with H264 video and AAC/AC3 audio are compatible. And they make up most of the videos people watch nowadays.

5. The app can keep the same interface, I wouldn't mind. Just show us a notification to play/pause and stuff. I think what would really make MX Player stand out is good subtitle support. A lot of other apps won't convert between SRT and VTT (format supported by the CC), won't let you change size/color, won't show accented characters correctly, won't use embedded subtitles, or they don't pick up the subs automatically from the same folder. MX Player is the only app I've seen loading external subtitles when opening a video from a SMB network share via Solid Explorer.

Bought the app a few years ago. One of the best experiences on Android. Use it less and less these days because of netflix and chromecast. If casting is considered too much bloat for MX Player. It woud be nice if the devs started a new app focused on these advanced features that other companies don't care about.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, mx player

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)