2,270 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,111

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 29th March 2017, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2018, 03:43 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
opinion about Chromecast for mx player
chromecast customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery. Control settings like your device name, and discover apps, offers, and content. Google Home and Speaker Settings, Control settings like your default music provider or your location, and link compatible devices like smart lights, thermostats, and Chromecast devices. Also, Chromecast[/URL] best opinion about Chromecast for MX player

15th September 2018, 10:47 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It does look like the Chromecast support if/when it finally comes will be very limited to the media types that Chromecast supports. That's why I have given up on waiting and have been using Plex in my home. Phone app has a built-in support for Chromecast and all transcoding is done on the Plex server side.
15th September 2018, 07:03 PM |#43  
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Hi,

Is work on this still in progress?

I like how YouTube casts, I just press the cast button and the video stream moves to the selected device, leaving the GUI on the host.

Having the host device show a playlist, and acting as a queue would be a really cool feature.
7th October 2018, 06:09 PM |#44  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman614

I understand that you can cast ur entire screen to the device but there is also a way that if you embed the casting feature inside the app so that then you can cast a movie to your TV and have MX Player run in the background so you can use your phone for other things....Granted you have the resources to do so.

I do that now with another app I beta test for called Stream

BTW..yes I'm new here but I have been using MX Player for years and I love it.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge OS 7.0

Wow!
10th October 2018, 08:18 AM |#45  
Account currently disabled

More
That will be a good idea I think it is okay for us to use chromecast and support MX Player, since chromecast is running with the Bluestacks. It will run perfectly.
22nd October 2018, 04:46 AM |#46  

More
Is this being worked on at all?
3rd April 2019, 09:19 PM |#47  

More
The biggest advantage of Chromecast is that you can use other apps without interrupting your video and even if you don't want to use other apps you can turn off the screen of your device and save power. MX Player is very good but no Chromecast means it is falling behind other lesser apps that include Chromecast.
7th April 2019, 03:09 PM |#48  
Flag Singapore

More
Do we really need to wait like 2-3 years before casting from the player be implemented or is it even in the works? This thread is created in 2017 and it seems dev isn't doing anything about it at all.
16th May 2019, 10:32 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Chromecast would be one of the best features to be added on Mx player, I do have a question, would all audio and video work? Some videos that I have downloaded will only play the video but no Audio if I cast from another service, so would Mx player convert to make both work, I know VLC and bubbleupnp does
3rd August 2019, 11:14 AM |#50  

More
Subtitles are not displayed in Chromecast.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, mx player

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)