sick of the new intrusive ads on the mx player? old version MX Player 1.8.10

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By StoicWilly, Junior Member on 27th January 2017, 10:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2017, 02:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I uninstalled mxplayer on 5 phones and 2 android tablets so far.

Nice ads, well done. Sayonara~

13th May 2017, 05:04 AM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,031

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73

Wow. This kind of bs advertising is precisely why I dumped es file Explorer. Seems once devs get market penetration, they have no problem hosing their users for the sake of making $$$.

Devs also has life. They need some funds to maintain the development of the app. As android is extremely bloated with piracy, it's very difficult to get the necessary funds from pro version itself. So, we have forced to show some more ads

We are hearing to the users. We will try to further optimise the app to show ads without affecting user experience.

If you found any ads, that may not be suitable / with some abusive contents, you can report it here. We will take the necessary actions.
13th May 2017, 11:18 AM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 2,485

More
When I heard of 1.8.17 update that disabled full screen ads, I updated it and it went fine, just for a few moments. The next time I reinstall the 1.8.17, the full screen ads appeared again, more frequent, even after updating to 1.8.20 either via Play or APKMirror; happen everytime MX Player window is opened or when exiting the player, forces me to switch to 1.0.7 Beta APK for Indian markets. At least, it's still enjoyable without the annoying full screen ads.

EDIT: And I started to getting full screen ads on the beta APK. What a shame.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
30th October 2017, 11:56 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thirumalai, thanks for explaining. I uninstalled your MxPlayer and gave one star on Play store for the annoying ad. Now I'm googling for patched version of Pro version. Thanks!

There should be limit for greed or else these kind of things will happen.
4th November 2017, 03:38 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 4,733

Donate to Me
More
EDIT: Never mind. You already answer the question in that thread. Thank you.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...70&postcount=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Devs also has life. They need some funds to maintain the development of the app. As android is extremely bloated with piracy, it's very difficult to get the necessary funds from pro version itself. So, we have forced to show some more ads

Does the Pro version have ads? Your Google Play Store description says this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayer.pro&hl=en
Quote:

This is the Ad-Free version of MX Player.

Is that still true, or does the Pro version also show ads now?

I told someone they were mistaken Mx Player Pro had ads, that maybe they were infected with malware. Has your ad policy with the Pro Player changed?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mx player pro.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	4322428  
6th November 2017, 07:20 AM |#16  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,031

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Does the Pro version have ads? Your Google Play Store description says this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayer.pro&hl=en

Is that still true, or does the Pro version also show ads now?

I told someone they were mistaken Mx Player Pro had ads, that maybe they were infected with malware. Has your ad policy with the Pro Player changed?

MX Player Pro version is still Ad-Free. In fact in 1.9.x versions the ad modules are removed from the Pro app.
6th November 2017, 11:37 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Granted the ads are intrusive, but boycotting the app all together will hinder development of it in the future. If you truly find the ads that irritating but think the app is good enough to bother looking for an older version of it, then why not buy the pro version? is it really that expensive? wouldn't you want to be on the cusp of bugfixes ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)