FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] Google Cardboard, VR, 3D Videos, Half SBS Side-by-side playback of 2D, etc

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 250

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 27th September 2014, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2016, 07:09 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
any way to simply ZOOM in SBS side by side videos? right now if i zoom in, it's based from the CENTER of the SBS video which screws up the VR.

anyway to simply implement ZOOM from the center of the SIDE BY SIDE center points?

12th May 2016, 02:06 PM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,982

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminihc

any way to simply ZOOM in SBS side by side videos? right now if i zoom in, it's based from the CENTER of the SBS video which screws up the VR.

anyway to simply implement ZOOM from the center of the SIDE BY SIDE center points?

No way as of now. May be in future when VR support is implemented

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
13th June 2016, 04:12 AM |#33  
Flag Here and there
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snotrock

I want to watch a 2d movie in side by side with my vr headset but don't want the "theatre" effect...I just want to see the content...is that possible?

kudo to this.
26th June 2016, 01:17 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I want to watch sbs video as 2d i mean from 2 screen to 1 screen. any app for it?
27th June 2016, 01:55 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'd be willing to pay for in in-app purchase for SBS support.
28th July 2016, 12:52 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Here are some selected snippets of the requests made in previous threads.

=======

=======

======

As far as watching 3D on both phone and TV I think, THINK that it cant be done as cardboard is 3D SBS and TVs are stereoscopic. You also may run into DRM issues. If you own DRM free content you might be better off using a 3rd party app and formatting the movies in the appropriate format (stereoscopic or 3D SBS) then saving your stereoscopic movies to a small usb drive and your 3D SBS to your phone. Keep the USB drive plugged into your bdplayer. Vomiting out useless information anything built on the unity3d platform for a player has the smoothness and quality hands down without heating issues. VAR'S is built on unity3d for its engine, uses EasyMovieTexture for the OpenGL Surface Texture rendering and VLC as the background player. Im sure there are chromecast plugins available for vlc and the basic chromecast support library is available on github a willing programmer on this site might be willing to mod the software if someone wants to be nice to one. There are also VR updates for exoplayer which is the native player for android. There might be a way for a rom developer to include the vr updates in a base rom build of the player along with the standard chromecast support library.... may even be the smoothest solution. I would imagine this setup to be the solutiom with Android N devices and Daydream without actually looking at it. Again DRM is the issue with a lot of the 3D sbs content. As widevine is typically initiated as an application use level setting and not device wide. These are options available to the software developer. I did see a blurb that forcing drm to 3 in unity3d will allow playing the affore mentioned protected content outside its native app. There are also decoders however that sometimes run inside the player that is unique to the player. Castlabs dash player is a good example of this, provider to Vudu for example uses the feature. Outside of that I would wait for Google Play Movies VR updates or whatever app you are currently using. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in VR video rendering and a lot of the software providers need to play catchup and have staff brush up on vr then release a perfect player as the consumers will expect. You can see alot of vr support in the works with various players behind the scenes as the support libraries are appearing in the apps.
8th February 2017, 05:51 PM |#37  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any Update?
Hey its been like a really long time now, any chances of seeing that update in the near future?
25th June 2017, 12:53 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Which aspect ratio is best for watching sbs 3d movie?
32:9 or 3.51:1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3d video, google cardboard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)