Thanks Meter: 257

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 20th April 2014, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2017, 11:44 AM |#571  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
Can someone provide me sample video download link for x265 8 bit and x265 10 bit? I want to check which one I can play in my mobile. Snapdragon 625

29th July 2017, 12:28 PM |#572  
Flag Mangalia
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.tiger12

Can someone provide me sample video download link for x265 8 bit and x265 10 bit? I want to check which one I can play in my mobile. Snapdragon 625

http://jell.yfish.us Check over there. If you were to do a quick search, you'd have found it on this very topic several times before.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dariusdd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dariusdd Ad-Free
30th July 2017, 06:58 PM |#573  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusdd

http://jell.yfish.us Check over there. If you were to do a quick search, you'd have found it on this very topic several times before.

There are only x265 10 bit video, no x265 8 bit video..
3rd August 2017, 01:06 PM |#574  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 285

More
hi, does the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus support h.264 10-bit?
3rd August 2017, 01:14 PM |#575  
Flag England, UK
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by friend.evil

hi, does the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus support h.264 10-bit?

Not in Hardware, But it will in software though 720p and above can be rather jerky and with super high cpu usage that will kill your battery.

John.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinderbox (UK) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tinderbox (UK) Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 05:17 PM |#576  
Flag Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderbox (UK)

Not in Hardware, But it will in software though 720p and above can be rather jerky and with super high cpu usage that will kill your battery.

John.

thank you, when I read the review of the snapdragon 835 they mentioned the following

->Video playback: 4K UHD @ 60fps, 10-bit H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC)

what do you think this means?
3rd August 2017, 05:34 PM |#577  
Flag England, UK

More
Quote:

thank you, when I read the review of the snapdragon 835 they mentioned the following

->Video playback: 4K UHD @ 60fps, 10-bit H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC)

what do you think this means?

Looks like you are right, the specs do say H.264 10-bit

I just hope you can find some playback software supports it.

John.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I am an Anime fan and quite a few series are encoded in 10-bit H.264, Until now only Rockchip SOC used in Android TV Boxes supported 10-bit, But software support is not the best Kodi dropped support for Rockchip also the codecs on your phone need to support H.264 10-bit or it make no difference that the 835 supports it, It will not work.

The codec sits between the 835 and the Video Software, no compatible codec no 10-bit H.264.

Also Samsung are not the best at providing codecs especially if it is going to cost them money, My Galaxy Tab S1 10.5" Tablet the stock video software did not support AC3 or DTS audio codec, Does the S8 ?

So give Kodi and MX Player a go.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinderbox (UK) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tinderbox (UK) Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 05:51 PM |#578  
Flag Beirut

More
thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

Currently I have the Nvidia Shield TV and everything I thow at it works without any issues but I am looking for something portable cause I travel alot and a phone or tablet that supports h.264 10-bit would be very nice, if anyone knows a phone or tablet that can do that, it would be great.
3rd August 2017, 05:53 PM |#579  
Flag England, UK

More
Quote:

Currently I have the Nvidia Shield TV and everything I thow at it works without any issues but I am looking for something portable cause I travel alot and a phone or tablet that supports h.264 10-bit would be very nice, if anyone knows a phone or tablet that can do that, it would be great.

Do you use SPMC player on your shield, it`s a modified version of Kodi

John.
4th August 2017, 06:13 AM |#580  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I got a snapdragon 820 and it could play x264/x265 10-bit just fine in hardware decoding. If you got a decent amount of budget you can consider that Galaxy Tab S3 though I would guess that the 4:3 aspect ratio could be a wee bit underwhelming to watch videos on it. I even got a Huawei Mediapad M3 just because I saw on some leaked spec sheet that the kirin 950 can support 10-bit videos. The M3 could not.
4th August 2017, 09:53 AM |#581  
Flag Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlchan31

I got a snapdragon 820 and it could play x264/x265 10-bit just fine in hardware decoding. If you got a decent amount of budget you can consider that Galaxy Tab S3 though I would guess that the 4:3 aspect ratio could be a wee bit underwhelming to watch videos on it. I even got a Huawei Mediapad M3 just because I saw on some leaked spec sheet that the kirin 950 can support 10-bit videos. The M3 could not.

hi, what is your smartphone? and the Tab S3 supports h.264 10-bit in hardware decoding?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)