FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[STICKY] MX Player 10-bit Video and HEVC Discussion

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 259
 
By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 20th April 2014, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2017, 11:31 AM |#621  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Has anyone tried the Asus Zenpad 3S, running the MediaTek 8176 SoC? Interested in 1080 HEVC 10-bit

*edit - Went out and purchased one anyway. I can confirm the "jellyfish-10-mbps-hd-hevc-10bit.mkv" file plays flawlessly in MXPlayer in HW+ mode. If anyone knows a way to show FPS or CPU usage, I can do some tests with other files and report back.

*edit2 - Using the debug mode in Kodi, I get the following results with the above file.

Flawless Playback
FPS: 60 (no drops)
CPU0: 55%, CPU1: 55%, CPU2: 25%, CPU3: 25%
No noticeable heat from the tablet after looping the video for 5 minutes, although I'll find out better when watching a film.

Available to test other files if anyone is interested in this tablet
 
 
3rd November 2017, 03:30 PM |#622  
Member
Flag Sialkot
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
my device not play hevc 10 bit true hd audio......file my device s7
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2017-11-03_182624.zip - [Click for QR Code] (21.4 KB, 14 views)
6th November 2017, 08:29 AM |#623  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,045
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusakhan

my device not play hevc 10 bit true hd audio......file my device s7

Looks like your device doesn't support hardware acceleration of HEVC main 10 profile. Maybe you can enable it manually from HW+ Video Codec & try again in HW+. But, It's not advisable as force attempting an unsupported codec may result in a crash.
6th November 2017, 01:41 PM |#624  
Member
Flag Sialkot
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Looks like your device doesn't support hardware acceleration of HEVC main 10 profile. Maybe you can enable it manually from HW+ Video Codec & try again in HW+. But, It's not advisable as force attempting an unsupported codec may result in a crash.

VLC play hevc easily ...but i am reset setting mx player and again HW+ setting but not sucessfull .....S7 Hardwarer are strong...but ......
27th November 2017, 07:22 PM |#625  
mdfarazb2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag patna
Thanks Meter: 429
 
More
Hello Guys! I'm having Nexus 6P with Aicp Oreo custom ROM on it.. I'm trying to play 1080p 10 bit x264 and 1080p 10bit x265 files but they both are lagging and playing on SW .. HW+ is greyed out and while clicking HW it says HW decoder is not supported Any ideas ?
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
27th November 2017, 08:59 PM |#626  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfarazb2

Hello Guys! I'm having Nexus 6P with Aicp Oreo custom ROM on it.. I'm trying to play 1080p 10 bit x264 and 1080p 10bit x265 files but they both are lagging and playing on SW .. HW+ is greyed out and while clicking HW it says HW decoder is not supported Any ideas ?
Thanks!

Snapdragon 810 doesn't support 10-bit hardware playback
27th November 2017, 09:08 PM |#627  
mdfarazb2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag patna
Thanks Meter: 429
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirrat

Snapdragon 810 doesn't support 10-bit hardware playback

Oh.. Sh$t!! Thanks btw! 👍


Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
3rd December 2017, 08:22 AM |#628  
leonkoum's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Good morning to all.

I am new with MX Player and i want to ask if MX supports Hardware acceleration for devices with Allwinner H6 (Beelink GS1).
Yesterday i was trying to play Lucy.2014.2160p.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.TrueHD.7.1 with many many problems and shutters drop.

Tnx a lot !
4th December 2017, 11:46 AM |#629  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,045
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonkoum

Good morning to all.

I am new with MX Player and i want to ask if MX supports Hardware acceleration for devices with Allwinner H6 (Beelink GS1).
Yesterday i was trying to play Lucy.2014.2160p.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.TrueHD.7.1 with many many problems and shutters drop.

Tnx a lot !

In which decoder you are playing?
If the hardware acceleration is there, it should be able to play in HW or HW+ decoder.
Immediately after reproducing the issue, can you collect a bug report from help menu & share here?
4th December 2017, 12:55 PM |#630  
leonkoum's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

In which decoder you are playing?
If the hardware acceleration is there, it should be able to play in HW or HW+ decoder.
Immediately after reproducing the issue, can you collect a bug report from help menu & share here?

There is no way to activate HW or HW+, only option SW is available and the playback is awful with shutters, drops frames and a lot red color in human skin...
Player is beelink GS1 with Soc Allwinner H6.
I will try to take a bug report and post here later...
4th December 2017, 02:52 PM |#631  
leonkoum's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok, i make the report file..
Player Beelink GS1, Soc Allwinner H6
Movie Lucy.2014.2160p.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.TrueHD.7.1
If there is anything to help....
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2017-12-04_153819.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.0 KB, 16 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes