Thanks Meter: 250

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 20th April 2014, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2014, 08:37 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Yes he is working on it; no an ETA has not yet been indicated. Thing is, the developer wants ALL videos to work on Chromcast; this means MX Player must do live transcode on any format that Chromecast doesn't support.

Any update to the progress or challenges? eagerly awaiting any news on this, as it would be super to unlock these features through MX player and ChromeCast!

29th May 2014, 11:39 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

This is a continuation of the original thread on Google Groups.

Link to original thread: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx...5vg/discussion

What I don't understand is WHY don't you do 1 step at a time?

Why cant you simply right now, add the NORMAL chrome cast features, just MP4 files first.

and then later work on every single file format and transcoding?

Im sure many people would like this option?
29th May 2014, 05:34 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Is it possible for a modern quad-core ARM phone/tablet to transcode video formats on the fly? I love MX because it literally plays anything I throw at it, but I don't know if this is the same as transcoding these different formats for casting.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 04:02 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
@Krisshp Don't know; it was the developer's decision.
@CAL7 well, for 10-bit I would assume it can't handle it, considering only the more recent phones were able to decode it. For 8-bit, it might be possible if the bitrate isn't too high.
30th May 2014, 10:26 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

@Krisshp Don't know; it was the developer's decision.
@CAL7 well, for 10-bit I would assume it can't handle it, considering only the more recent phones were able to decode it. For 8-bit, it might be possible if the bitrate isn't too high.

Cant you give this suggestion (which many ACTUALLY want) to the developer? and take it 1 step at a time?...

Thanks
30th May 2014, 02:10 PM |#16  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,527

Donate to Me
More
there are many different options out there to use at the moment if you want to stream to chromecast. I agree with the developer having his standards of exactly what he wants his app to be able to do before releasing it... Kudos to him!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift playya Ad-Free
31st May 2014, 03:52 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
I echo the same sentiment of playya.
1st June 2014, 11:42 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Angry
I agree with you guys, no need to rush, it must come out when ready... But it would be very nice to be updated about the progress, just to know if we can expect it this month or in december 2015
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryBels For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JerryBels Ad-Free
5th June 2014, 10:23 AM |#19  

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBels

I agree with you guys, no need to rush, it must come out when ready... But it would be very nice to be updated about the progress, just to know if we can expect it this month or in december 2015

...... Or just leave us in the dark, alone, crying about our insecurities, struggling to overcome our fear of the unknown, but in the end doomed to the abysses of hell. That's cool too.
5th June 2014, 10:00 PM |#20  
Flag NH
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Glad to see that there is a possibility of seeing a Chromecast compatible MX Player in the future. Kudos to the devs for wanting to keep the standards up. If you need a beta tester count me in. I have helped with other apps in development. Do love MX Player the best I 've found. Just updated to pro to hopefully help with Chromecast development.
6th June 2014, 07:24 AM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastordl

Just updated to pro to hopefully help with Chromecast development.

Same here ^^
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, mxplayer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)