FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

300 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By MXPlayer, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2019, 01:32 AM |#1161  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Tried using the chromecast function today, and got the message "video format not supported by chromecast" for MPG, AVI, and MKV. Not many other formats out there. Anyone have a guess whether I'm missing something here? They play locally, and cast with VLC Player...

This is a feature I've been waiting on for years, a bit of a let down so far...

Thanks,

Joe

3rd September 2019, 03:12 AM |#1162  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 4,330

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by logic88

Disable notch support? I noticed that MX Player will play full screen including the notch on a Pixel 3XL but I don't want this. I want the edge of the screen to stop at the notch so that I can see 100% of the video content. I tried looking at all of the settings but there wasn't anything obvious.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am also facing the same issue on Poco F1. This is really annoying Requesting developer of the app to provide a setting to enable / disable the notch within the app. Lime player has this option and it works fantastically.
The Following User Says Thank You to cute_prince For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cute_prince Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 07:04 PM |#1163  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I tried to use mxplayer on split screen on galaxy note 9. As I click to play the video on one screen. The player opens on the other thereby taking both screens. Is there an option to stop the app from taking both screens?
11th September 2019, 08:45 AM |#1164  

More
Hello. Help me I can't disable subtitles permanently. Before it was option to enable disable but now option in settings gone.
12th September 2019, 04:26 PM |#1165  

More
Standard features don't work over Chromecast
When casting over Chromecast, the following standard features don't work:
1) Last played video
2) Last played position
3) Adjusting volume by swiping
4) Fast forward and rewind by swiping
5) Searching for and adding subtitles
13th September 2019, 04:54 PM |#1166  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoun

When casting over Chromecast, the following standard features don't work:
1) Last played video
2) Last played position
3) Adjusting volume by swiping
4) Fast forward and rewind by swiping
5) Searching for and adding subtitles

We regret the inconveninces this may have caused. You will be pleased to know that your feedback has been shared with our relevant team and are working towards improving your chrome cast experience. Meanwhile, your patience is appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to MXPlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MXPlayer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)