FORUMS

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

By MXPlayer, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2020, 03:04 AM |#1251  
Flag Kiselevsk
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman2

Can you choose the location of the private folder? Right now I only see it available on the internal drive and would like to move it to my SD Card. Thanks.

In the device Settings->Memory, specify the SD Card as the default save location.
18th June 2020, 06:38 AM |#1252  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks for SMB support, works fine on the phone. But I can't find this feature / menu on my Android TV (xiaomi mi box s, Android 9). On TV there is no hamburger menu at the top left location. Kindly ask to help - where is a SMB / network folder in TV version of the player?
19th June 2020, 11:28 PM |#1253  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andriy_

Thanks for SMB support, works fine on the phone. But I can't find this feature / menu on my Android TV (xiaomi mi box s, Android 9). On TV there is no hamburger menu at the top left location. Kindly ask to help - where is a SMB / network folder in TV version of the player?

I too am hoping there will be fix for this issues. I've posted about it here but have no idea if anyone from MX has seen it.

I don't believe androidTV is officially supported, but it has worked perfectly for years and is the best player for android in general. If the MX interface used on androidTV is abandoned, I will be very sad
22nd June 2020, 05:30 AM |#1254  

More
Can not show ssa subtitle
Hello. I am P30 pro user, mx player 1.24.5 ver.
I have file with srt but the subs not showing when i play.
Already enable, improve ssa, and try in HW, HW+, SW decoder but the sub still not show.
24th June 2020, 03:56 PM |#1255  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_66

Hello. I am P30 pro user, mx player 1.24.5 ver.
I have file with srt but the subs not showing when i play.
Already enable, improve ssa, and try in HW, HW+, SW decoder but the sub still not show.

Could you please share the downlink of a file that has this issue through a private message or email? It will help us to investigate this further.
25th June 2020, 11:09 AM |#1256  
Flag Kiselevsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

Could you please share the downlink of a file that has this issue through a private message or email? It will help us to investigate this further.

You released a new version 1.25.5 and didn’t fix anything in it, the search for a new version doesn’t work, the color scheme in the local network is not fixed with any dark themes, the file/folder names are not visible, what are you doing there?
26th June 2020, 02:59 PM |#1257  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have been using MX Player Pro for past year or 2. I had all videos on a HDD connected to my MXQ Pro Box. Then I noticed my autistic son was not playing them much any more. He is very visual and I need for thumbnails to be displayed so he can visualise what he is going to see. This used to work by me having a JPG in same folder as each video with same name as video but with JPG as extension.

But that no longer works any more.

I tried

1. Resetting device to factory
2. Reinstalling latest version again

this did not work

I then tried downloading an older version APK and hey presto it works again

Obviously there is a problem with latest version unless someone else has had any success with it??

Very disappointed as this used to be the best app until they stuffed it in this latest version.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Reading the above comments it seems that the new owners of this app dont have a clue what they are doing.
26th June 2020, 03:06 PM |#1258  
Flag Kiselevsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad2008

Reading the above comments it seems that the new owners of this app dont have a clue what they are doing.

If the Indians do not correct anything, point them to mistakes, they are silent, what concepts are we talking about?
About their mistakes a lot of things are written in Google Play. They have no reaction. (c) Google Translate))
28th June 2020, 08:15 AM |#1259  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROgR

If the Indians do not correct anything, point them to mistakes, they are silent, what concepts are we talking about?
About their mistakes a lot of things are written in Google Play. They have no reaction. (c) Google Translate))

Yes have to agree they seem to know nothing.

Anyone know of another good Android player that displays custom thumbnails?
2nd July 2020, 12:37 AM |#1260  

More
How do I disable subtitles? Android MX Player Pro latest update installed. on Samsung Galaxy 10+
6th July 2020, 04:59 AM |#1261  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad2008

I have been using MX Player Pro for past year or 2. I had all videos on a HDD connected to my MXQ Pro Box. Then I noticed my autistic son was not playing them much any more. He is very visual and I need for thumbnails to be displayed so he can visualise what he is going to see. This used to work by me having a JPG in same folder as each video with same name as video but with JPG as extension.

But that no longer works any more.

I tried

1. Resetting device to factory
2. Reinstalling latest version again

this did not work

I then tried downloading an older version APK and hey presto it works again

Obviously there is a problem with latest version unless someone else has had any success with it??

Very disappointed as this used to be the best app until they stuffed it in this latest version.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Sorry to bring you this inconvenience. You will be pleased to know that we have fixed this internally and will be available in the upcoming update 1.26.x. Meanwhile, please try the test build we sent through a private message, and you shouldn't face any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to MXPlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MXPlayer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)