FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 262

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2017, 04:32 PM |#641  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 6,666

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawd

Hello,

I am having an issue playing a video, seems quite weird (never faced it before). I hope this is the right place to post.
Issue: Audio plays, but the video shows as in the screenshot attached.
I'm using custom codec by @USBhost

Can you PM me the magnet link !
Never in my time have I seen anything like that before!

Edit: @Gawd
I checked it myself and even VLC (PC) shows it.
If VLC on PC cant play it then MX most certainly can't (assuming the torrent is good).
The Following User Says Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free

24th April 2017, 07:09 PM |#642  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
2160p 4K UltraHD BluRay x265 HEVC 10 Bits Multi TrueHD 5.1 -Dr how to play in mx player on lg g5
25th April 2017, 04:06 AM |#643  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

It's seems to be side effect by a change done by you. When you play the video, open menu » Display » Aspect Ratio & set it to default & make sure that you have selected "Apply to all videos". Now try the zoom/stretch button. everything should be fine as expected.[COLOR="Silver"]

I tried it too, there is no result :(
25th April 2017, 09:59 AM |#644  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,079

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedych007

I tried it too, there is no result

Just try again after resetting the MX Player settings.
I have tried the same video on multiple devices. But, couldn't reproduce the issue. The only possible way I can reproduce is to set default aspect ratio of 16:9 to all videos. it causes portrait videos stretched as 16:9 is a landscape ratio.
I will further investigate about any other possible reasons.
25th April 2017, 05:05 PM |#645  

More
Audio passthrough with SW or HW+ decoder?
MX is a great player, I love it, but the HDMI audio passthough only works with the HW decoder, and that decoder is the only one that sometimes fails (freezes, audio gaps, ...). The SW and HW+ decoders works fine, but can not output original audio passthrough. Is there any way to output HDMI passthrough audio with SW/HW+ decoders?

Thanks!
25th April 2017, 08:10 PM |#646  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Just try again after resetting the MX Player settings.
I have tried the same video on multiple devices. But, couldn't reproduce the issue. The only possible way I can reproduce is to set default aspect ratio of 16:9 to all videos. it causes portrait videos stretched as 16:9 is a landscape ratio.
I will further investigate about any other possible reasons.

Nothing...
youtu.be/jHTyDbZ-1Xs
There is a problem not only vertical video, landscape video stretched too
27th April 2017, 02:15 PM |#647  

More
HDR content
Will MX Player be able to playback HDR content on my Galaxy Tab S3?
27th April 2017, 10:05 PM |#648  

More
Maybe someone has already asked it. Searching by key words gave me dozens of links, so can't check them.
When I watch stream videos, MX closes sometimes. Without error, just closes. What should I do? I didn't check if it happens with local videos. Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 1050l.
2nd May 2017, 05:02 AM |#649  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,079

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikedOne

Maybe someone has already asked it. Searching by key words gave me dozens of links, so can't check them.
When I watch stream videos, MX closes sometimes. Without error, just closes. What should I do? I didn't check if it happens with local videos. Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 1050l.

It may happen when a connection to a live stream is closed. In live streams technically the duration is 0. So, when the connection is dropped in a unexpected way, it may lead to think that the stream has ended and no more packets are available.

If you don't mind, can you share any such url?
it will be helpful to test ourself & to find a solution.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedych007

Nothing...
youtu.be/jHTyDbZ-1Xs
There is a problem not only vertical video, landscape video stretched too

can you provide a sample clip & your exported settings ?
If possible collect a bug report from help menu immediately after playing a video that has issues.

it will be helpful to identify the root cause of the issue.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakmusic

MX is a great player, I love it, but the HDMI audio passthough only works with the HW decoder, and that decoder is the only one that sometimes fails (freezes, audio gaps, ...). The SW and HW+ decoders works fine, but can not output original audio passthrough. Is there any way to output HDMI passthrough audio with SW/HW+ decoders?

Thanks!

We are currently working on it.
Version 1.9.0 will bring the feature to everyone.
2nd May 2017, 12:35 PM |#650  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have used MX Player, but found PlayerXtreme to be the best media player app for both Android and iOS.
2nd May 2017, 05:26 PM |#651  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello!!
Mx Player will support NFS and Samba protocols, to use to my NAS?
Tnx
Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)