FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 257

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 10:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2017, 09:17 AM |#691  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujji

Another doubt is there any difference in the quality of video between using hw+ player and the alternative hw+ player provided in options. Because for me the default one doesn't work but the alternative hw+ works.

Both uses different methods of achieving hardware acceleration. Alternative HW+ decoder is available only for the devices running in android 5.0 & newer. unlike the existing HW+ which doesn't work on some custom roms, Alternative HW+ will work on the most of the devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytfusokhszxc

I can't I control the video speed in MX player.. When I slide two fingers up or down.. A running symbol with 100% written is displayed and that's it.. Can anybody provide me an assistance??

Speed Control is not supported in HW decoder on pre marshmallow devices. Speed control will work in HW decoder only for those who are running on android 6.0 and newer.

For old devices, either user may use H/W+ (Needs to be enabled on Settings. May not work on certain devices) or may use SW. Speed control will work on HW+ & SW in most of the devices.

19th May 2017, 01:40 PM |#692  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Both uses different methods of achieving hardware acceleration. Alternative HW+ decoder is available only for the devices running in android 5.0 & newer. unlike the existing HW+ which doesn't work on some custom roms, Alternative HW+ will work on the most of the devices.

Looks like you are using a device that runs on android 5.0 or older. Speed control will work in HW decoder only for those who are running on android 6.0 and newer.

For old devices, either user may use H/W+ (Needs to be enabled on Settings. May not work on certain devices) or may use SW. Speed control will work on HW+ & SW in most of the devices.

Oh... Yeah.. I am on 5.1 . Thanks anyways
The Following User Says Thank You to tytfusokhszxc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytfusokhszxc Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 02:27 PM |#693  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytfusokhszxc

Oh... Yeah.. I am on 5.1 . Thanks anyways

Thanks for correcting me. It's suppose to be anything older than marshmallow (android version <6.0)
19th May 2017, 03:22 PM |#694  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry Dude... Misunderstanding due to ..my.improper English..My mistake..
19th May 2017, 08:10 PM |#695  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Telo

Hi, thanks for your quick answer. Indeed, it does not seem to be a problem of the PRO version. I restored my FREE version backup and the problem is the same. I see that the "srt" logo appears if I browse my media through MX and the subtitles will correctly load if I select to play a file. However, the subtitles DO NOT load if I open the file via a file explorer like Solid Explorer.

I've been using MX player for years now and this just started happening now. I can't recall touching anything to break anything, though...

Any ideas? Thanks!
22nd May 2017, 07:17 AM |#696  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Telo

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi,
It might happen when MX Player can't detect the path of the file it's playing. It will happen especially when the file manager uses content scheme instead of file scheme. We are working on that to improve the content scheme handling. It will improved in 1.9.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
22nd May 2017, 06:17 PM |#697  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
AAC transcoding
Hi

Now that the Dolby codec has been integrated into MX Player is there any workaround to transcode surround AAC into dolby?

I would like to passthrough it to my amp which just decodes dolby and dts.

Many thanks

Pedro
23rd May 2017, 11:41 AM |#698  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
While playing audio songs why does the screen doesn't get off automatically.It stays on continuously
24th May 2017, 09:28 AM |#699  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedych007

This problem with HW decoder is always. Any files.
Examples:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...m5XTEFJc0drdGM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...FdDTUF3S1QtSTA
Log after playing these clips in SW decoder in attachment
Attachment 4153063

Is there any progress on my problem?
24th May 2017, 01:34 PM |#700  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedych007

Is there any progress on my problem?

We couldn't reproduce the issues in our any of the devices. And the logs are insufficient. Looks like a issue with the system decoders. both HW & HW+ uses the decoders provided by the system. SW uses ffmpeg.
24th May 2017, 08:33 PM |#701  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

We couldn't reproduce the issues in our any of the devices. And the logs are insufficient. Looks like a issue with the system decoders. both HW & HW+ uses the decoders provided by the system. SW uses ffmpeg.

But why SPMC (KODI) plays video with correct aspect?. It use same hardware system decoder
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)