FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 262

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2017, 06:43 PM |#731  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't ignore subtitle font
I'm trying to use default subtitles and font with an MP4 that comes with its own subtitles and styling, but "Ignore font specified in SSA subtitles" and "Ignore broken fonts..." do nothing. The font specified by the MP4 is horribly jagged and yellow. And yes, they're optional subtitles, disableable.

18th July 2017, 08:10 AM |#732  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,079

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubidu

I'm trying to use default subtitles and font with an MP4 that comes with its own subtitles and styling, but "Ignore font specified in SSA subtitles" and "Ignore broken fonts..." do nothing. The font specified by the MP4 is horribly jagged and yellow. And yes, they're optional subtitles, disableable.

can you share the content?

Ignore fonts specified in SSA is applicable only to SSA or ASS subtitles. If your video has some other subtitle formats, it may still use the styles mentioned in the sub.
18th July 2017, 08:38 AM |#733  
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlee928

curious if the fix outline above is included in the latest beta release?

also in the new beta release, the resume from last left off function does not work.

thanks

EDIT
one other issue - on my car bluetooth, the song info (artist, title, etc) do not show on the car screen... but it does with other players. any chance this also gets fixed with the next update?

hello... just wanted to see if there are any thoughts to the questions above? much thanks in advance.
18th July 2017, 09:36 AM |#734  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,079

More
Quote:

hello... just wanted to see if there are any thoughts to the questions above? much thanks in advance.

It's also there in our planned feature list. will be supported on later 1.9.x. but, no ETA at the moment.
18th July 2017, 09:43 AM |#735  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

It's also there in our planned feature list. will be supported on later 1.9.x. but, no ETA at the moment.

got it much thanks for the update!
20th July 2017, 12:41 AM |#736  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

can you share the content?

Ignore fonts specified in SSA is applicable only to SSA or ASS subtitles. If your video has some other subtitle formats, it may still use the styles mentioned in the sub.

It seems that's the problem. I checked Media Information with VLC and it says the subtitles are "DVD Subtitles (spu)". I researched SPU and it seems it's not in text but in bitmap format. That makes it more difficult, it seems.
20th July 2017, 08:55 PM |#737  

More
new beta version does not properly resume playback from where it left off.

also, the new beta version shuts down when chrome is hibernated with greenify. this is not an issue with the pro version.

also, for those that purchased the pro version

EDIT

Quote:

curious if the fix outline above is included in the latest beta release?

also in the new beta release, the resume from last left off function does not work.

thanks

EDIT
one other issue - on my car bluetooth, the song info (artist, title, etc) do not show on the car screen... but it does with other players. any chance this also gets fixed with the next update?

not sure if the 2 issues outlined above were fixed in the recent beta release. if so, just want to report that they are both not working.

EDIT 2

the first 3 items at the top are in reference to mx player beta, NOT mx player pro beta. all 3 are non-issues in mx player pro beta.
20th July 2017, 10:53 PM |#738  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:

new beta version does not properly resume playback from where it left off.

also, the new beta version shuts down when chrome is hibernated with greenify. this is not an issue with the pro version.

also, for those that purchased the pro version, it would be nice to have the ads removed. or have the beta as the pro version. would seem to make sense that the player should be ad-free for those that purchased the pro version.

thanks for all the great work.

My recently updated beta version does resume playback just fine, my last played and currently played files are marked and working correctly from inside every folder, as expected. It is also the ad-free pro version, which was directly available through my Play Store account. Are you using a different install/update method than the regular Play Store?
Greenify has also not been a problem but, then again, I don't use Chrome.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4ND310 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D4ND310 Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 11:26 PM |#739  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ND310

My recently updated beta version does resume playback just fine, my last played and currently played files are marked and working correctly from inside every folder, as expected. It is also the ad-free pro version, which was directly available through my Play Store account. Are you using a different install/update method than the regular Play Store?
Greenify has also not been a problem but, then again, I don't use Chrome.

my beta version is the regular, not pro. there was no pro beta version available. installed through google play store.

EDIT

just saw the pro beta version. thanks for highlighting that.
24th July 2017, 03:46 PM |#740  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is or will there be support for 4k displays, like xperia zx premium? The player shows ~50% scaling when playing 4k video in fullscreen, wich should not be the case for a 4k display
drshtmstry
24th July 2017, 07:39 PM |#741  

More
Hi. I have 3 questions.

1) Since last few versions there is a new alternative hw+ decoder mode available in settings. It is supposed to be default in Android 7 & some HTC devices. Now my phone runs Android 6, so which one should I use ? (Normal HW+ or Alternative HW+). What is the technical difference between both & which one is better?

2) I was trying to play a video with embedded SSA (SubStation Alpha) subtitles. But the subtitle timing is broken, some lines appear early, some late & some lines don't appear at all. I tried same with VLC and the subtitle timing was perfect (for same file). So does anyone else have this problem? Does developer know about it?

3) VLC already has arm8 optimized version (as of August 2016). But even its 1 year after MX still doesn't have arm8 builds. Any progress? Or abandoned?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)