FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 255

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2017, 04:58 PM |#791  
Flag Blackburn (near Manchester)
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and MX Player Pro was playing everything perfectly up until a couple of days ago. I now seem to be getting a 'Support for this video codec is missing from your device' on the majority of streams that I am attempting to open. I don't think it's the stream as they work perfectly on other devices and the problem only started a couple of days ago. I have the custom codec installed for the audio and have tried downloading the NEON code from the Play Store but have had no luck. Any idea what I can do?

4th September 2017, 10:17 AM |#792  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,013

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbyhasan

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and MX Player Pro was playing everything perfectly up until a couple of days ago. I now seem to be getting a 'Support for this video codec is missing from your device' on the majority of streams that I am attempting to open. I don't think it's the stream as they work perfectly on other devices and the problem only started a couple of days ago. I have the custom codec installed for the audio and have tried downloading the NEON code from the Play Store but have had no luck. Any idea what I can do?

With appropriate custom codec which supports all codecs, The message is not supposed to be shown.
Can you collect a bug report & share with us?
4th September 2017, 10:21 AM |#793  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 9,584

Donate to Me
More
Does mx player supports ducking (lower audio volume if another app or system notification gets audio focus)? I recently noticed that when my phone plays a notification when a charger gets connected or disconnected, audio volume doesn't get lower of mx player if it's playing in background.
5th September 2017, 06:17 AM |#794  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Which version should i download ?
Which version of MX Player Pro I should download ? The normal version or the NEON version ? My device is Samsung Galaxy E5 (SM-E500H).
6th September 2017, 01:32 PM |#795  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Small question, why do not you add the option to change tv rate hz (24hz,50hz...) in MXplayer for Android Tv, because i think many people instal kodi just for that . Sorry my english im with google trad
Nobody to answer me please
8th September 2017, 12:27 PM |#796  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bug report
where or to whom do i upload a bug report log.
10th September 2017, 11:43 PM |#797  

More
Codec EAC3 for MXPlayer
I have a Oneplus 5, and I'll try to run files with the Eac3 audio codec, but can't play this especific codec, can someone helps? I dont have problems to run ac3, just eac3.
11th September 2017, 12:52 PM |#798  

More
Subtitle zoom and draging is not working for me, no matter what I check in the controls tab and whoch decoder (SW/HW/HW+) I use.

I'm on a Galaxy Tab S3 btw, with the latest MxPlayer Pro and a neon custom codex supporting DTS/AC3.

This was never an issue on my old devices using the same settings and codex.
11th September 2017, 06:52 PM |#799  

More
Hello,

I'm not very familiar with the technicalities of video files and players, but I do know that files with TrueHD attached to it give my device (S8+) some problems. HW+ has a lot of difficulty playing those files, while I thought that HW+ was supposed to be the 'better' option (between SW and HW). I need to switch to HW in order to play those files.

Mostly I can start those files from the beginning with HW+, but often the file will crash at a (for me) random point. Or when I decided to pause or 'scroll' through the video.
Why not stick with HW? With HW it seems that the audio and video are 'not as much' in sync as in HW+

I guess I would like to know if my device is faulty or not.

Greetings
12th September 2017, 12:56 PM |#800  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,013

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSmithC127

Subtitle zoom and draging is not working for me, no matter what I check in the controls tab and whoch decoder (SW/HW/HW+) I use.

I'm on a Galaxy Tab S3 btw, with the latest MxPlayer Pro and a neon custom codex supporting DTS/AC3.

This was never an issue on my old devices using the same settings and codex.

We have checked with MX Player Pro 1.9.5 & everything works as expected. It will not work with some subtitle formats.

Can you specify what's the subtitle format?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
12th September 2017, 02:32 PM |#801  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

We have checked with MX Player Pro 1.9.5 & everything works as expected. It will not work with some subtitle formats.

Can you specify what's the subtitle format?

Thanks for the fast response, but it was my mistake, really.
I didn't know moving/scaling won't work with all subs, so didn't take the time to check with other video files.

With most of the others I tried now, it in fact works as it should.

Another small thing though:
I love MXPlayer's feature to play videos in the background and use it a lot.
On my old devices, MXP's space in the "pull down notification bar thingie" had an "X" to close the player without bringing it to the front again first, which was nice.
This "X" is missing now.

Is this an Android thing (old 4.42 and 4.2 vs. new 7.0) or am I missing a setting in MXP?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)