FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 264
 
By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2017, 08:45 AM |#831  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Whenever I watch a video in mx the video suddenly stops at one frame but the sound continues interrupted but it resumes whenever I fast forward the video a little bit. And at that particular frame the video continues smoothly but this happens at another frame. Please tell me what to do
 
 
23rd October 2017, 09:46 AM |#832  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
playing WhatsApp videos with your default MX Player on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.

in the past WhatsApp videos opened by default in the video player you annoted on Android as the default video player. in my case all videos in my Android phone (an Xperia z ) will open with MX player ...
24th October 2017, 10:41 AM |#833  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Which MX Player Custom Codec?
I use MX Player on my Sony Android TV, I really don't know which file download (tegra,neon etc...)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...9112#downloads
Could anyone help me? (I apologise for my ignorance)

Thanks.
24th October 2017, 11:56 AM |#834  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt9148

in the past WhatsApp videos opened by default in the video player you annoted on Android as the default video player. in my case all videos in my Android phone (an Xperia z ) will open with MX player ...

We haven't changed anything. It's WhatsApp who has changed the behaviour. They have implemented their own internal video player & stopped using external players for playing videos. We are also helpless in this issue.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaleenag

Whenever I watch a video in mx the video suddenly stops at one frame but the sound continues interrupted but it resumes whenever I fast forward the video a little bit. And at that particular frame the video continues smoothly but this happens at another frame. Please tell me what to do

If it's happening with HW decoder, then it could be system bug. Can you try HW+ & SW?
24th October 2017, 06:45 PM |#835  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

We haven't changed anything. It's WhatsApp who has changed the behaviour. They have implemented their own internal video player & stopped using external players for playing videos. We are also helpless in this issue.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------



If it's happening with HW decoder, then it could be system bug. Can you try HW+ & SW?

Its sane with both hw+ and sw
25th October 2017, 06:45 AM |#836  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaleenag

Its sane with both hw+ and sw

Can you collect the logs & share here?
26th October 2017, 06:26 AM |#837  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Can you collect the logs & share here?

Please tell how to collect logs. I cant seem to find any option for that.
28th October 2017, 01:06 AM |#838  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
MX Player Subtitles issue

Hello!
I haven't ever had a better player! Great app, congratulations!
BUT, I have an issue. When I watch movies online through Pop Corn app, MX Player opens it and plays great, but it doesn't show some letters in subtitles. Instead, it shows the question sign (?).
I watch with serbian subtitles, latinic serbian alphabet. Phone Samsung Galaxy S4. Latest MX Player version.
Thank You for Your answers.
30th October 2017, 08:55 AM |#839  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosubotic

MX Player Subtitles issue

Hello!
I haven't ever had a better player! Great app, congratulations!
BUT, I have an issue. When I watch movies online through Pop Corn app, MX Player opens it and plays great, but it doesn't show some letters in subtitles. Instead, it shows the question sign (?).
I watch with serbian subtitles, latinic serbian alphabet. Phone Samsung Galaxy S4. Latest MX Player version.
Thank You for Your answers.

It may happen when the rendering of the particular font or character is not supported by android.
If it's an SSA subtitle & try "Ignore font specified in SSA subtitles"
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
1st November 2017, 12:19 PM |#840  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, I am using the last version of Mx player. When I out an USB stick to my phone with OTG, Mx Player plays the movie but does not show the subtitle. When I choose open subtitle under options, it does not see the subtitle file although it is in the same folder and has same name with the movie file. When I copy the subtitle to the phone internal storage, Mx player can show the subtitle when I choose. I am using Samsung Note 5 with Android 7. Can you help me?
1st November 2017, 07:30 PM |#841  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

It may happen when the rendering of the particular font or character is not supported by android.
If it's an SSA subtitle & try "Ignore font specified in SSA subtitles"

Thank You.
I tried. Nothing happens. This problem I have only while I watch movies on Popcorn Time app. When I download a movie and subtitles, it plays it great. All fonts are OK.
Although, I THINK that Popcorn Time plays the files through MX Player. Is there a possibility that is not MX, that Popcorn Time has its own player that look much like MX? It doesn't have many options like when I watch a downloaded file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes