FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 257

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 10:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2017, 11:44 AM |#851  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosubotic

Thank You.
I tried. Nothing happens. This problem I have only while I watch movies on Popcorn Time app. When I download a movie and subtitles, it plays it great. All fonts are OK.
Although, I THINK that Popcorn Time plays the files through MX Player. Is there a possibility that is not MX, that Popcorn Time has its own player that look much like MX? It doesn't have many options like when I watch a downloaded file.

Probably the front that's used in the subtitle is not fully supported by the Android.

We are not exactly sure about whether it uses MX Player or not? Maybe sharing some screenshots would help us to understand.
MX Player can be easily identified by it's UI & menu items.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free

5th November 2017, 02:36 AM |#852  
Flag Basel - Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I changed my phone from a Nexus 6P to a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and there are totally different controls in the notification drawer while background play. Why is there no "X" for closing the player? Thats so annoying..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171105-022722.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	4323287  
The Following User Says Thank You to RheinPirat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RheinPirat Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 01:06 PM |#853  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RheinPirat

I changed my phone from a Nexus 6P to a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and there are totally different controls in the notification drawer while background play. Why is there no "X" for closing the player? Thats so annoying..

The first one you are seeing is expanded notification. The second one is normal notification. It's a feature from Android. When there is a previous notification or a high priority notification, other notifications may not be expanded sometimes.
Just swipe down the normal notification with two fingers to expand it. If you swipe up with two fingers, It will return back to normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 02:29 PM |#854  
Flag Basel - Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

The first one you are seeing is expanded notification. The second one is normal notification. It's a feature from Android. When there is a previous notification or a high priority notification, other notifications may not be expanded sometimes.
Just swipe down the normal notification with two fingers to expand it. If you swipe up with two fingers, It will return back to normal.

Thank you. Miui 9 can't auto expand the notification yet.

But there is a other problem with the notification. If I use a black theme, i can't see buttons, because the stay black.

Is there a way to recolor the buttons to a dark grey or with a white frame around the buttons?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-06-14-17-58-736_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.png
Views:	56
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	4324797  
The Following User Says Thank You to RheinPirat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RheinPirat Ad-Free
15th November 2017, 08:35 PM |#855  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry new to forums, not sure where to post this as multiple threads exist with this same issue. Samsung Galaxy Tab S running MX ver 1.9.10. Same problem as everyone else trying to play existing mpeg2's except all the fixes posted haven't worked. Went to play store and downloaded all the available custom codecs. (ARMv5,6,7 - ARMv7 Neon - Tegra 3 - ARMv6 VFP) I've tried downloading them one at a time, then all together. I'm assuming the codecs are being installed correctly into MX because I have no idea where they downloaded to. Nothing works, still get Mpeg2video not suppoted. Help?
18th November 2017, 01:19 PM |#856  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello, i'm beta tester but since stable version i have a lot of problems since i start a movie o tv show.

My english is very bad and i don't know hos to explain the problem, but i make a log before watching some tv shows and a movie.

I hope this help to the developer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyqnlor50sdgtw5/log.txt?dl=0

Thanks.

EDIT: i'm using a Xiaomi MiPad with 4.4.4 and rooted with superSU, all media content are on a 128gb micro sd.

First i think that was problem of micro sd so i copy a movie to internal storage but problem persist.

I try too with sw/hw/hw+ decoding, reinstalling app, clearing cache, but nothing works, in older versions i don't have this problems.

Also try codecs for another post here, but nothing...

Is the same problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaleenag

Whenever I watch a video in mx the video suddenly stops at one frame but the sound continues interrupted but it resumes whenever I fast forward the video a little bit. And at that particular frame the video continues smoothly but this happens at another frame. Please tell me what to do

Yesterday, 10:17 AM |#857  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwo

Hello, i'm beta tester but since stable version i have a lot of problems since i start a movie o tv show.

My english is very bad and i don't know hos to explain the problem, but i make a log before watching some tv shows and a movie.

I hope this help to the developer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyqnlor50sdgtw5/log.txt?dl=0

Thanks.

EDIT: i'm using a Xiaomi MiPad with 4.4.4 and rooted with superSU, all media content are on a 128gb micro sd.

First i think that was problem of micro sd so i copy a movie to internal storage but problem persist.

I try too with sw/hw/hw+ decoding, reinstalling app, clearing cache, but nothing works, in older versions i don't have this problems.

Also try codecs for another post here, but nothing...

Is the same problem:

Hi,

In many occasions, MX Player couldn't read the file. All files are from the same video releaser. Either it's due to poor encoding or the video file is incomplete. Else it could be even an I/O issue with your device.

can you share one of your video files with us?

If it's working on an older version, in which version it works & from where it's broken?
All previous versions can be found on our website.

If you can provide more info, it will be easier for us to identify the root cause.
Yesterday, 10:45 AM |#858  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolguy1967

Sorry new to forums, not sure where to post this as multiple threads exist with this same issue. Samsung Galaxy Tab S running MX ver 1.9.10. Same problem as everyone else trying to play existing mpeg2's except all the fixes posted haven't worked. Went to play store and downloaded all the available custom codecs. (ARMv5,6,7 - ARMv7 Neon - Tegra 3 - ARMv6 VFP) I've tried downloading them one at a time, then all together. I'm assuming the codecs are being installed correctly into MX because I have no idea where they downloaded to. Nothing works, still get Mpeg2video not suppoted. Help?

Custom codec & Codec Pack available in Google Play are different things. Don't install Google Play codec packs until or unless MX Player ask you to install.

If you are looking for Custom codecs, here you have to go.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...pport-t2156254
Yesterday, 03:31 PM |#859  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Hi,

In many occasions, MX Player couldn't read the file. All files are from the same video releaser. Either it's due to poor encoding or the video file is incomplete. Else it could be even an I/O issue with your device.

can you share one of your video files with us?

If it's working on an older version, in which version it works & from where it's broken?
All previous versions can be found on our website.

If you can provide more info, it will be easier for us to identify the root cause.

I don't know what version was exactly, when updating I just don't look at the version, until I've encountered the problem, sorry.

I thought it could be for the tablet, or the micro sd, but before I had another tablet older and did not have the same problem, it may be the fault of the video releaser, because with other videos it did not happen to me so often.

Can it be that when copying the file to the tablet with cable, it causes some failure if the tablet is blocked during the process?

If I install an old version of your website, even if I have purchased it, will the license work?

I leave the link for pm a link to watch the video.

In the tv or in the pc, the video works ok, i guess it's normal.

I can contribute without problem with the information you need, but I can't think of anything else to comment.

Yesterday I tried a couple of videos from another website and in one of them I had the problem again, but not so many times, two or three times.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for your help.
Yesterday, 07:15 PM |#860  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidDNA

Custom codec & Codec Pack available in Google Play are different things. Don't install Google Play codec packs until or unless MX Player ask you to install.

If you are looking for Custom codecs, here you have to go.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...pport-t2156254

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Check which version you need by going to Settings/Decoder/General
in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,tegra2,tegra3,neon).
Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
3. Go back to Settings/Decoder/General
and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was following these instructions. Perhaps I'm not fully understanding the sequence or how to do it. When I go to Settings/Decoder/General, it says "Use ARMv7 NEON type custom codec". Since you say the Google Play codec is incorrect, where do I download the actual codec I need and how do I install it? Step by step please.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)