FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 262

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2018, 07:45 PM |#881  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello .. i download the program but it dosnt show me videos and photos

1st February 2018, 12:00 PM |#882  
L'Aquila Italia
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Hi everyone, since I have more than 200 videos. When I put the "random play" and "play all" settings, I play the same videos "about 20/30 videos". How can I play all 200 videos? thank you
2nd February 2018, 04:58 AM |#883  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddy

Hi everyone, since I have more than 200 videos. When I put the "random play" and "play all" settings, I play the same videos "about 20/30 videos". How can I play all 200 videos? thank you

Hi,
Do you keep the app files in the same folder?
2nd February 2018, 08:54 AM |#884  
L'Aquila Italia
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Hi,
Do you keep the app files in the same folder?

Yes
2nd February 2018, 10:23 AM |#885  

More
Online Subtitles on network streams
Hi! Are the Online Subtitles choices (Search, Rate, Upload) not supported when playing network streams? They are all seemingly greyed out and not doing anything, whereas when playing a local file, Search is not greyed out and works as expected. I'm using MX Player 1.9.16 on Android TV 6.0.1.
11th February 2018, 01:41 PM |#886  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Hello, on an HTC one m7 stock lollipop rom i can't find the option "Alternative HW+ decoder, on the latest Google Play version.
On a Sony Xperia z5c instead, the option is available.
Why?
I'd like to try it for some videos that stutter.

in 1.8.7 version changelog i found:
Added alternative HW+ decoder for Android 5.0 and above which will be used automatically on Android 7, HTC devices and CyanogenMod

thanks
12th February 2018, 06:38 AM |#887  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninestarkoko

Hello, on an HTC one m7 stock lollipop rom i can't find the option "Alternative HW+ decoder, on the latest Google Play version.
On a Sony Xperia z5c instead, the option is available.
Why?
I'd like to try it for some videos that stutter.

in 1.8.7 version changelog i found:
Added alternative HW+ decoder for Android 5.0 and above which will be used automatically on Android 7, HTC devices and CyanogenMod

thanks

Hi,

The alternative HW+ decoder uses old HW+ acceleration method. In newer android versions, direct access to many system libs is restricted. So, It will not work on newer android versions. HTC devices & CyanogenMod ROMs have customised android media framework. So, Old HW+ decoder will not work properly.

Only Android 5.0 - 6.0.1 can support both old & new HW+ engines. So, Only they will have the option to switch between old & new (Except HTC & CM Roms).
12th February 2018, 01:07 PM |#888  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:

Hi,

The alternative HW+ decoder uses old HW+ acceleration method. In newer android versions, direct access to many system libs is restricted. So, It will not work on newer android versions. HTC devices & CyanogenMod ROMs have customised android media framework. So, Old HW+ decoder will not work properly.

Only Android 5.0 - 6.0.1 can support both old & new HW+ engines. So, Only they will have the option to switch between old & new (Except HTC & CM Roms).

Thanks for the detailed reply but I'm not sure I understood.
Indeed I am on Lollipop (5.0)android version on an HTC phone. You wrote that newer versions can't support old Hw+ engine but then you wrote that only newer versions can support both... Sorry, can you explain more clearly?
Thank you
12th February 2018, 05:02 PM |#889  

More
Buffer size for nerwork playback.
I am using Mx Player Pro on my mi box 3 device (android Tv 6.0) for online video playback. I always meet a problem with buffer size. If I pause video, player stops to buffer it and server brakes connection. So it requires to restart playback and find last video position after pause. Could developer plaese to add setting to be able to specify a custom buffer size? Either could somebody to advise how to fix the issue?
13th February 2018, 07:10 AM |#890  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avd-vlad

I am using Mx Player Pro on my mi box 3 device (android Tv 6.0) for online video playback. I always meet a problem with buffer size. If I pause video, player stops to buffer it and server brakes connection. So it requires to restart playback and find last video position after pause. Could developer plaese to add setting to be able to specify a custom buffer size? Either could somebody to advise how to fix the issue?

HW decoder buffer is automatically handled by the system itself. It basically uses android media player API.
HW+ decoder & SW decoder buffer sizes are handled by the MX Player. Can you explain in which decoder you are having the issues?
13th February 2018, 07:26 AM |#891  

More
Quote:

HW decoder buffer is automatically handled by the system itself. It basically uses android media player API.
HW+ decoder & SW decoder buffer sizes are handled by the MX Player. Can you explain in which decoder you are having the issues?

I used HW+ decoder and had described issue. I'll also check with other decoders.
I did check for other renders. For HW the issue is not actual. It is working well with HW. But for HW+ and SW it works as I described above. Is it possible to specify buffer size somewhere?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)