The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

890 posts
Thanks Meter: 264

By CDB-Man, Senior Member on 7th August 2015, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2018, 11:41 AM |#941  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,085

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSWDSTSO

I've been having an issue lately. I have videos I recorded off of VLC Player on my PC and uploaded to my Drive account. I downloaded them to my phone, a LG V10. Under Properties, the format is listed as "MPEG-PS". Originally they just worked on MX Player. Then at some point they started being "not supported", so I had to download some custom codec thing. That fixed it. Then a while later, it stopped being supported again, so I had to download that aio custom codec. That made it work again. Then just a couple days ago, I got my current issue: I can play the videos, but can't zoom, pan, change the aspect ratio. The bottom right button that controls these functions, as well as the touch screen buttons, just do nothing. The videos are stuck in a stretched out aspect ratio while vertical, but normal while horizontal.

HI,

It's not relevant to codecs. does it happen with all videos? Can you just reset the settings of MX Player & check again? If the problem persists, kindly collect a bug report immediately after reproducing the issue & share with us. It will help us to understand the issue better.

14th May 2018, 11:53 AM |#942  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

HI,

It's not relevant to codecs. does it happen with all videos? Can you just reset the settings of MX Player & check again? If the problem persists, kindly collect a bug report immediately after reproducing the issue & share with us. It will help us to understand the issue better.

[ERROR] MX Player Pro 1.9.19

=========================
App: MX Player Pro (1.9.19)
Manufacturer: LGE
Model: VS990
Brand: lge
Version: 6.0 (REL)
Build: lge/pplus_vzw/pplus:6.0/MRA58K/1734614525c53:user/release-keys
Kernel: Linux version 3.10.84-gdd6c9b6 (lgmobile@LGEACI5R12) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 12 15:24:41 KST 2017
CPU: 6 core(s) 1.44 GHz (family:1 features:129023)
CPU architecture: 8 (os.arch: armv8l)
CPU features: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt evtstrm wp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tlsi vfpv4 idiva idivt
Board platform: msm8992
Instruction set: arm64-v8a armeabi-v7a armeabi
Resolution: 1440 x 2560
Available screen size (DIP): 360 x 534 (smallest: 360)
Tablet: false
Screen size: Normal
Density: 4.0 (640)
Font scale: 1.0
Hardware main button: false
Touch screen: true
TV: false (uiMode:17)
Locale: en_US
Total memory: 3806968 kB (3806968kB)
Free memory: 163908 kB
=========================

Please describe the problem in detail.

What steps will reproduce the problem?

That's what it says when I choose the bug report option on an affected video. Only VLC recorded videos are affected. All other videos work normally. I tried resetting my settings, but all it did was reset my settings.
15th May 2018, 03:00 PM |#943  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
First of all thanks for this great App. I have been using since the first day I met with Android, and it is simply awesome. Couple of days back I learned that it has online subtitle feature which is awesome. I like the app once again.

I have a kind of request and question here:
1. YouTube App can cast videos to Smart TVs and IPTV boxes with a oneclick only. My TV is not smart but I have IPTV box. Thnx to that I caqn caqst Youtube videos to my TV screen. Could that be possible for MX Player? One click button and oillaaa, my movie, series etc is on my TV screen....

Would that be possible? if yes how?

Tnx in advance.[COLOR="Silver"]
16th May 2018, 06:32 AM |#944  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

[ERROR] MX Player Pro 1.9.19
That's what it says when I choose the bug report option on an affected video. Only VLC recorded videos are affected. All other videos work normally. I tried resetting my settings, but all it did was reset my settings.

On the bug report screen, there is an option to save as a file. Select that too & Press OK. It will save the bug report file in your internal storage. Kindly share that with us.
16th May 2018, 12:25 PM |#945  

More
I saved the bug report, but I don't see any option to share an attachment through this site. It saved as a .zip file.
20th May 2018, 01:34 PM |#946  

More
is the taiwan sm-n7507 the same as sm-n750?
20th May 2018, 02:16 PM |#947  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.

21st May 2018, 12:59 PM |#948  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I saved the bug report, but I don't see any option to share an attachment through this site. It saved as a .zip file.

Hi,

there is a manage attachment option on the reply page. If you can't find, kindly upload it on any cloud storages like Google Drive or Dropbox & share the link.
21st May 2018, 08:21 PM |#949  

More
This should be it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2018-05-16_072004.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.1 KB, 8 views) Warning: This attachment is from a new XDA member. Please use caution when opening or flashing this file.
22nd May 2018, 02:15 PM |#950  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

This should be it.

According to the logs, FFmpeg has failed to get the video parameters (like resolution, frame rate).
It looks like an issue with your encoding settings.
Can you share a clip with us? If it's not possible in public you can share the link by private message.

We will investigate it further & will find a workaround for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)