[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread
I changed my phone from a Nexus 6P to a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and there are totally different controls in the notification drawer while background play. Why is there no "X" for closing the player? Thats so annoying..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171105-022722.jpg
    Screenshot_20171105-022722.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Reactions: NURMAHAMMAD

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I changed my phone from a Nexus 6P to a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and there are totally different controls in the notification drawer while background play. Why is there no "X" for closing the player? Thats so annoying..

The first one you are seeing is expanded notification. The second one is normal notification. It's a feature from Android. When there is a previous notification or a high priority notification, other notifications may not be expanded sometimes.
Just swipe down the normal notification with two fingers to expand it. If you swipe up with two fingers, It will return back to normal.

The first one you are seeing is expanded notification. The second one is normal notification. It's a feature from Android. When there is a previous notification or a high priority notification, other notifications may not be expanded sometimes.
Just swipe down the normal notification with two fingers to expand it. If you swipe up with two fingers, It will return back to normal.

Thank you. Miui 9 can't auto expand the notification yet.

But there is a other problem with the notification. If I use a black theme, i can't see buttons, because the stay black.

Is there a way to recolor the buttons to a dark grey or with a white frame around the buttons?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-06-14-17-58-736_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-06-14-17-58-736_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 67

toolguy1967

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry new to forums, not sure where to post this as multiple threads exist with this same issue. Samsung Galaxy Tab S running MX ver 1.9.10. Same problem as everyone else trying to play existing mpeg2's except all the fixes posted haven't worked. Went to play store and downloaded all the available custom codecs. (ARMv5,6,7 - ARMv7 Neon - Tegra 3 - ARMv6 VFP) I've tried downloading them one at a time, then all together. I'm assuming the codecs are being installed correctly into MX because I have no idea where they downloaded to. Nothing works, still get Mpeg2video not suppoted. Help?

brokentwo

Oct 23, 2012
Hello, i'm beta tester but since stable version i have a lot of problems since i start a movie o tv show.

My english is very bad and i don't know hos to explain the problem, but i make a log before watching some tv shows and a movie.

I hope this help to the developer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyqnlor50sdgtw5/log.txt?dl=0

Thanks.

EDIT: i'm using a Xiaomi MiPad with 4.4.4 and rooted with superSU, all media content are on a 128gb micro sd.

First i think that was problem of micro sd so i copy a movie to internal storage but problem persist.

I try too with sw/hw/hw+ decoding, reinstalling app, clearing cache, but nothing works, in older versions i don't have this problems.

Also try codecs for another post here, but nothing...

Is the same problem:

Whenever I watch a video in mx the video suddenly stops at one frame but the sound continues interrupted but it resumes whenever I fast forward the video a little bit. And at that particular frame the video continues smoothly but this happens at another frame. Please tell me what to do

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hello, i'm beta tester but since stable version i have a lot of problems since i start a movie o tv show.

My english is very bad and i don't know hos to explain the problem, but i make a log before watching some tv shows and a movie.

I hope this help to the developer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyqnlor50sdgtw5/log.txt?dl=0

Thanks.

EDIT: i'm using a Xiaomi MiPad with 4.4.4 and rooted with superSU, all media content are on a 128gb micro sd.

First i think that was problem of micro sd so i copy a movie to internal storage but problem persist.

I try too with sw/hw/hw+ decoding, reinstalling app, clearing cache, but nothing works, in older versions i don't have this problems.

Also try codecs for another post here, but nothing...

Is the same problem:

Hi,

In many occasions, MX Player couldn't read the file. All files are from the same video releaser. Either it's due to poor encoding or the video file is incomplete. Else it could be even an I/O issue with your device.

can you share one of your video files with us?

If it's working on an older version, in which version it works & from where it's broken?
All previous versions can be found on our website.

If you can provide more info, it will be easier for us to identify the root cause.

InvalidDNA

Nov 16, 2016
Sorry new to forums, not sure where to post this as multiple threads exist with this same issue. Samsung Galaxy Tab S running MX ver 1.9.10. Same problem as everyone else trying to play existing mpeg2's except all the fixes posted haven't worked. Went to play store and downloaded all the available custom codecs. (ARMv5,6,7 - ARMv7 Neon - Tegra 3 - ARMv6 VFP) I've tried downloading them one at a time, then all together. I'm assuming the codecs are being installed correctly into MX because I have no idea where they downloaded to. Nothing works, still get Mpeg2video not suppoted. Help?

Custom codec & Codec Pack available in Google Play are different things. Don't install Google Play codec packs until or unless MX Player ask you to install.

If you are looking for Custom codecs, here you have to go.
https://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

brokentwo

Oct 23, 2012
Hi,

In many occasions, MX Player couldn't read the file. All files are from the same video releaser. Either it's due to poor encoding or the video file is incomplete. Else it could be even an I/O issue with your device.

If it's working on an older version, in which version it works & from where it's broken?

If you can provide more info, it will be easier for us to identify the root cause.

I don't know what version was exactly, when updating I just don't look at the version, until I've encountered the problem, sorry.

I thought it could be for the tablet, or the micro sd, but before I had another tablet older and did not have the same problem, it may be the fault of the video releaser, because with other videos it did not happen to me so often.

Can it be that when copying the file to the tablet with cable, it causes some failure if the tablet is blocked during the process?

If I install an old version of your website, even if I have purchased it, will the license work?

I leave the link for pm a link to watch the video.

In the tv or in the pc, the video works ok, i guess it's normal.

I can contribute without problem with the information you need, but I can't think of anything else to comment.

Yesterday I tried a couple of videos from another website and in one of them I had the problem again, but not so many times, two or three times.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for your help.

toolguy1967

Nov 15, 2017
Custom codec & Codec Pack available in Google Play are different things. Don't install Google Play codec packs until or unless MX Player ask you to install.

If you are looking for Custom codecs, here you have to go.
https://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Check which version you need by going to Settings/Decoder/General
in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,tegra2,tegra3,neon).
Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
3. Go back to Settings/Decoder/General
and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was following these instructions. Perhaps I'm not fully understanding the sequence or how to do it. When I go to Settings/Decoder/General, it says "Use ARMv7 NEON type custom codec". Since you say the Google Play codec is incorrect, where do I download the actual codec I need and how do I install it? Step by step please.

brokentwo

Oct 23, 2012
Hi,

Hello,

There is a new log from today, 20 minutes video from another releaser with a lot of errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/013v45bu3sl1mua/log2.txt?dl=0

I download an old version from your website (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download ??) but when i open it says that don't can verify the license and send me to de play store for update to the last beta version, but this beta version is the version that i take this logs.

Again, sorry for my english, is hard to explain for me. :eek:

Thanks

EDIT: i try 1.7.5 and 1.9.3 and still happens, so i update again to beta 1.9.10 from Google Play and in the app says that the license can't be verified...it's frustrating

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hello,

There is a new log from today, 20 minutes video from another releaser with a lot of errors.

I download an old version from your website (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download ??) but when i open it says that don't can verify the license and send me to de play store for update to the last beta version, but this beta version is the version that i take this logs.

Thanks

EDIT: i try 1.7.5 and 1.9.3 and still happens, so i update again to beta 1.9.10 from Google Play and in the app says that the license can't be verified...it's frustrating

Looks like you have downloaded the pro version. Do you have a valid pro license? It will work only if you have purchased the pro version earlier. Else, install the free version & check again.

It's almost same. ffmpeg couldn't read the particular the file at some stage. Do you run any torrent downloaders in parallel?
They do lot if read/write operations. Sometime it may cause I/O issues to other apps.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hello,

Thanks

We have tried one of the videos that have appeared in your logs. But, couldn't find anything abnormal.
Can you explain what happens exactly...? If you can't explain, can you make a screen record for us?

brokentwo

Oct 23, 2012
Looks like you have downloaded the pro version. Do you have a valid pro license? It will work only if you have purchased the pro version earlier. Else, install the free version & check again.

It's almost same. ffmpeg couldn't read the particular the file at some stage. Do you run any torrent downloaders in parallel?
They do lot if read/write operations. Sometime it may cause I/O issues to other apps.

Yes, i have a valid pro license, but after try older versions and have the similar problem, i install beta and finally activation works.

No, the only program i have running is mx player, i watch the videos in local mode, with no connection to internet.

We have tried one of the videos that have appeared in your logs. But, couldn't find anything abnormal.
Can you explain what happens exactly...? If you can't explain, can you make a screen record for us?

This days i was watching some videos from another video releaser and don't have this problem.

But the problem is for example in a movie the video and audio stops, with a pixels, like a bad decoding, and restarts again one second or two, but not in the same sequence, i make a screen record when repeat it.

Sorry again and thanks a lot.

Grander0

Oct 16, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
Using latest Pro beta, streaming from Terrarium TV makes the app randomly close, sometimes as often as a couple minutes apart, sometimes not at all, but it usually happens at least once or twice during an episode.

Is this a known bug? If not, how can I provide logs?

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Using latest Pro beta, streaming from Terrarium TV makes the app randomly close, sometimes as often as a couple minutes apart, sometimes not at all, but it usually happens at least once or twice during an episode.

Is this a known bug? If not, how can I provide logs?

Hi,

Sometime, cloud storages used by Terrarium closes the connection in a unexpected way. That's why such issue happens.
When you encounter such issue, just open the MX Player again manually & goto menu » help » bug report. Save the report & share here.

Reactions: Grander0

Wesley_NL

Nov 10, 2010
Rotterdam
Guys i have a problem ; i got a xperia x performance android oreo and mx player pro but it laggs as hell and i use software decoder

What i try to watch is 720p horrible sub releases witch is mkv ass aac

Could it be that mx player suck on oreo?

Grander0

Oct 16, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,

Sometime, cloud storages used by Terrarium closes the connection in a unexpected way. That's why such issue happens.
When you encounter such issue, just open the MX Player again manually & goto menu » help » bug report. Save the report & share here.
Here's a report from a crash that just happened.

Attachments

• report_2017-12-07_185407.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 14

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
I have a honor 8 pro and when I play 10bit video 1080p video files, it plays with strange squares and color issues.
Anyone have an idea about what the issue can be?

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I have a honor 8 pro and when I play 10bit video 1080p video files, it plays with strange squares and color issues.
Anyone have an idea about what the issue can be?

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

In which decoder?
Kindly provide the bugreport

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Here's a report from a crash that just happened.

Hi,

It's not the crash. According to the logs, the connection has closed by the server before the end of the stream.
May be a server side timeout when playing long videos.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.