[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread
I installed always MX on my phones as default video player. But only on my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 can i skip in the video, without buffering the whole file... why (via SMB in local network)?

Same MX Version, same custom codec pack, same network, both HW+ decoder... Oneplus 6 and 7 Pro cant skip the video without buffering. Its so frustrating. I made a short video of the problem (Mi Max2 Free version - OP7 Pro Pro Version - but it doesnt matter which version i use): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZIJL51Iqw

hanhan1

Apr 11, 2014
Control settings

Hello up/down controls only can be used for sound and brightness settings. But i want to use up/down buttons for prev/next. Because i want to change channels easily when using iptv on it. Is it possible to do it?

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Hello up/down controls only can be used for sound and brightness settings. But i want to use up/down buttons for prev/next. Because i want to change channels easily when using iptv on it. Is it possible to do it?
If you're on MIUI,there is a xposed module called custoMIUIzer.But I don't know if it will work on iptv app.

Facundo2000

Aug 12, 2019
I've using MX Player for a couple of years in my Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook, but now I can't open the app. It says:
"... android internal modules are not compatible with current version of mx player". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no success. I cannot install the apk from the MXplayer website because in this chromebook i'm not allowed to install external apks. What can I do?

GRKRND

Nov 5, 2013
Is there way to change font in File List?
MX Player uses system font anywhere but this list, so it looks strange.

Anji29

Aug 12, 2019
MX player doesn't stream online videos

MX player doesn't stream online videos, it always displays "can't play the link".

TogusaRusso

Aug 14, 2019
After update player start require latest 1.13 ARM v8 NEON codecs, I downloaded them from two different places, player can't see them. I show him the file in settings but he doesn't recognise them.

SOLVED: I needed 64 bit version of the codec.

Last edited:

earthasa

Aug 13, 2007
I installed always MX on my phones as default video player. But only on my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 can i skip in the video, without buffering the whole file... why (via SMB in local network)?

Same MX Version, same custom codec pack, same network, both HW+ decoder... Oneplus 6 and 7 Pro cant skip the video without buffering. Its so frustrating. I made a short video of the problem (Mi Max2 Free version - OP7 Pro Pro Version - but it doesnt matter which version i use):
Neither Android nor MX Player have built-in SMB support. The "File Explorer" you are launching the videos from looks like ES File Explorer... If so, it has built-in SMB support, and if you launch a media file with an external app, it creates an HTTP streaming server on the loopback interface (127.0.0.1), which enables MX Player to proxy the video through ES File Explorer.

If the same video file, same network, and same MX Player + codec behave differently, that begs the question... are you using the same program and version to proxy/bridge HTTP<->SMB?

I suspect the file explorers you use to launch the videos on the two devices are behaving differently from each other.

spokipoki

May 13, 2013
Why Mx icon always open list even though video playback in background. This add additional touch each time I want to see video currently playing

gtown

Aug 9, 2009
is it possible to have large thumbnails for the videos we are browsing to watch in mx player?? similar to Xplayer??

thank you
gtown

emerii

Sep 14, 2017
My mka file has multiple audio tracks, I can't choose the audio track inside of it, how do I choose other track ?

logic88

Nov 4, 2009
Disable notch support? I noticed that MX Player will play full screen including the notch on a Pixel 3XL but I don't want this. I want the edge of the screen to stop at the notch so that I can see 100% of the video content. I tried looking at all of the settings but there wasn't anything obvious.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

drjoe1

Apr 6, 2018
Tried using the chromecast function today, and got the message "video format not supported by chromecast" for MPG, AVI, and MKV. Not many other formats out there. Anyone have a guess whether I'm missing something here? They play locally, and cast with VLC Player...

This is a feature I've been waiting on for years, a bit of a let down so far...

Thanks,

Joe

cute_prince

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 19, 2012
Trivandrum
Disable notch support? I noticed that MX Player will play full screen including the notch on a Pixel 3XL but I don't want this. I want the edge of the screen to stop at the notch so that I can see 100% of the video content. I tried looking at all of the settings but there wasn't anything obvious.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am also facing the same issue on Poco F1. This is really annoying :mad: Requesting developer of the app to provide a setting to enable / disable the notch within the app. Lime player has this option and it works fantastically.

Reactions: Gill Android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.