[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

Minikid01

Sep 10, 2019
When I tried to use mxplayer on split screen on galaxy note 9. As I click to play the video on one screen. The player opens on the other thereby taking both screens. Is there an option to stop the app from taking both screens?

longasas

Jul 24, 2013
Hello. Help me I can't disable subtitles permanently. Before it was option to enable disable but now option in settings gone.

cheechoun

Apr 17, 2011
Standard features don't work over Chromecast

When casting over Chromecast, the following standard features don't work:
1) Last played video
2) Last played position
3) Adjusting volume by swiping
4) Fast forward and rewind by swiping
5) Searching for and adding subtitles

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
When casting over Chromecast, the following standard features don't work:
1) Last played video
2) Last played position
3) Adjusting volume by swiping
4) Fast forward and rewind by swiping
5) Searching for and adding subtitles

We regret the inconveninces this may have caused. You will be pleased to know that your feedback has been shared with our relevant team and are working towards improving your chrome cast experience. Meanwhile, your patience is appreciated.

Reactions: cheechoun

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
System Battery icon remain in video playback

Hello,
I have OnePlus 7, I hate watching videos with the notch, so I disabled full screen playback in screen settings, now the video display without pushing to the notch but with one small problem. I still see the battery icon, and don't want it to stay there (see picture bellow). The only way to remove it is from the phone settings and I do need the battery icon when I am using the phone.

Mx player full version (paid)

Screenshot-20190929-081025.jpg

Last edited:

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
I am also facing the same issue on Poco F1. This is really annoying :mad: Requesting developer of the app to provide a setting to enable / disable the notch within the app. Lime player has this option and it works fantastically.

You can disable full screen from screen settings, then video will play without the notch.

For me its causing a different problem, the battery icon will stick on the top and there is no way to hide it other than the phone settings.

Screenshot-20190930-181744-01.jpg

Zekizak

Oct 16, 2019
Tried using the chromecast function today, and got the message "video format not supported by chromecast" for AVI. For mp4 work fine. And for mkv sound on tv is cracking very loud. How to fix mkv playing?
Use pro version.

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Hello, I use the media player controller on my Mi Band 4 to control the audio/video playbacks (play/stop, volume, next/previous track) for my music app (Cloud Player Platinum) and YouTube. The media player controller on the Mi Band 4 also works when casting from those 2 apps.

My problem is that it doesn't work for MX Playwer Pro (both for local playbacks and when casting). The problem I believe is that MX Player does not have the normal media player controller notification (I am talking about the notification in the notification shade on the phone). It does not show any notification at all when playing media.
Is there any way to enable it or does MX Player simply lack it? And if so, why? It's the only media player app that I have ever seen to lack it.
In case it actually lacks it, this is of course a feature request!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

psyblade

Aug 27, 2017
Recently, my MX Player Pro constantly ask for update, even if I don't want it. I have been using this version for a long time, but he annoying update reminder just happens recently.
How can I stop that?
I paid for the app, and I have the right to choose the version I want to use. Stop being intrusive.

Reactions: spamtrash

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
Could anyone kindly answer a simple question: since the last update two apps from proctectstar: camera guard and micro guard Live Detective marks MX Player as spyware?

Previous versions were absolutely OK, so I believe that the new owner wants to see/listen me farting early morning in toilet?

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
Could anyone kindly answer a simple question: since the last update two apps from proctectstar: camera guard and micro guard Live Detective marks MX Player as spyware?

Previous versions were absolutely OK, so I believe that the new owner wants to see/listen me farting early morning in toilet?

We apologise for the delayed response and thank you to bring this to our notice. It seems to be caused by the additional permissions required for the MX Share functionality. However, we assure that these permissions are requested at runtime only if you intend to use the MX Share function. For others, it will be never requested.

Should you have any queries, feel free to reach us at support@mxplayer.in so that our relevant team can assist you on time.

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
Evening. After last update an interface is inverted. How can I fix it? TV Sony KD 8096

We apologise for the delay in our response. We have already released a quick fix for the same. However, due to the Google Play Policy changes, it may take several days to review the updates. Meanwhile, request you to install the latest build from our website (http://apps.mxplayer.in/download) and it may fix your issues.

Should you have any queries, feel free to reach us at support@mxplaye.in so that our relevant team can assist you in time.

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
We apologise for the delayed response and thank you to bring this to our notice. It seems to be caused by the additional permissions required for the MX Share functionality. However, we assure that these permissions are requested at runtime only if you intend to use the MX Share function. For others, it will be never requested.

Should you have any queries, feel free to reach us at support@mxplayer.in so that our relevant team can assist you on time.

Thanks, I am turning it off then using MyAndroidtools then. Could you please elaborate kindly what for do you use all of these activities:
- CoinsCenterActivity;
- CoinsRewardsActivity;
- CoinsTransactionHistoryActivity
- WebLinksRouterActivity;
- RemoteANActivity
as well as the ones related with Cricker ScoreCard, CricketStanding and CricketWebview?
By the way, instantly after start it tires to call home to mxplayer.in with all my details carefully collected, if the packets intercepted by wireshark are correct? Fortunately, it is easy to add the location to the hosts file...

Last but not least: are you sure that you do comply with GDPR? While starting the app, there is information how the partners, third parties, spouses, pets, etc. are protecting the personal info like device identifiers, accounts, conacts etc.. As well, there is no way to opt out from passing personal information to third parties to use the application.

ЯazoR

May 10, 2019
I've received this strange push today. Clicking it featured the new MXShare feature, but I wonder what made it appear in this unknown language. Could anyone please answer that?
(My system language is English.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191101-193159.jpg
    Screenshot_20191101-193159.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 71

Ce Doresti

Dec 22, 2018
Hi, l have buy this player long time ago.... To many year. But now on galaxy exynos the module code its incompatible ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.