FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Subtitle Function: MX Player does not interpret Script Instructions in SRT Files

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By wstephen, Member on 18th May 2018, 07:35 PM
Post Answer Email Thread
MX Player is popular in Android TVs, nowadays.

This site "https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/features" says MX Player does support "text styling and coloring script", but it does not explain how or which format of the subtitle this assertion was meant to be. Perhaps, it means SSA may be, but certainly not in SRT format.

I mean, MX Player does support displaying SRT file format subtitle, but refuse to display according to instruction tags on the text line, such as <i>...</i>, {\fs12\fnCalibri}, <font color=#AAAAAAFF>....</font>, etc.

I like helping community to translate and sync subtitles, and I find SRT being most popular.

I really hope MX Player would considering in supporting SRT text styling and coloring scripts, so that what appears on PC (VLC, Codec Home Media Player, etc) may also appear on the Android TVs using MX Player.
Add a Comment

1 Answer

21st May 2018, 01:02 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,107

More
0 Votes
Kindly share a sample subtitle. It will help us to investigate further.
Add a Comment
Post Answer Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mx player, srt, subtitle, text coloring, text styling

Answer Question (no urls or BBcode)
This form is used to answer the question presented at the top of this thread. If you are asking a clarifying question or want to comment on an existing answer, please click on the comment button below that post.