FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No subtitle support when casting to Chromecast...?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jakobkraft, Junior Member on 4th January 2020, 06:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After weeks of casting vacation videos smoothly to my TV using my 4K Chromecast, I tried casting a movie with a subtitle file and though the movie showed perfectly on my TV, the subtitle file did not.
I found this really surprising since MXPlayer's subtitle support has been the most robust of any android player I've tried. Even playing a movie off an external drive using an OTG cable gave me subtitle support when using MXPlayer.
But casting to my TV--which I assume is WAY less tricky than an OTG connection--doesn't show my subtitles for some reason.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a limitation of MXPlayer's Chromecast support?
Any info would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!
6th January 2020, 03:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobkraft

After weeks of casting vacation videos smoothly to my TV using my 4K Chromecast, I tried casting a movie with a subtitle file and though the movie showed perfectly on my TV, the subtitle file did not.
I found this really surprising since MXPlayer's subtitle support has been the most robust of any android player I've tried. Even playing a movie off an external drive using an OTG cable gave me subtitle support when using MXPlayer.
But casting to my TV--which I assume is WAY less tricky than an OTG connection--doesn't show my subtitles for some reason.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a limitation of MXPlayer's Chromecast support?
Any info would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

We regret to inform you that MX Player doesn't support subtitles while casting. However, you will be pleased to know that it's already there in our roadmap and will be supported in the future. Meanwhile, your patience is appreciated.

Thank You!
8th January 2020, 03:30 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

We regret to inform you that MX Player doesn't support subtitles while casting. However, you will be pleased to know that it's already there in our roadmap and will be supported in the future. Meanwhile, your patience is appreciated.

Thank You!

Awesome -- thank you for your reply!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)