FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

can't open .sup file

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By nzhd, Junior Member on 22nd May 2018, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I found out in the changelog, mx player started supporting .sup file, so I just tried to open it with a streaming video, but it says "can't read this file. Please make sure that the file is a valid format."

In the log file, it says "subtitle too large". seems the sup file size is problem? it's 11.3MB.

want to attach the log file, but can't find any button or something for attachment. I feel really stupid

22nd May 2018, 03:00 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzhd

I found out in the changelog, mx player started supporting .sup file, so I just tried to open it with a streaming video, but it says "can't read this file. Please make sure that the file is a valid format."

In the log file, it says "subtitle too large". seems the sup file size is problem? it's 11.3MB.

want to attach the log file, but can't find any button or something for attachment. I feel really stupid

There might be a "Manage Attachment" button on the bottom. If you can't find, kindly upload it anywhere else (like dropbox, gdrive) & share the link here.
22nd May 2018, 03:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

There might be a "Manage Attachment" button on the bottom. If you can't find, kindly upload it anywhere else (like dropbox, gdrive) & share the link here.

can't find it..

here's the link.
23rd May 2018, 09:38 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

can't find it..

here's the link.

Hi,
The issue doesn't seem to be on MX Player. The current subtitle file size is limited to 20MB. It should absolutely work fine in your case.

Based on the logs, As directory listing is not enabled on the server, MX has tried to get the subtitles by replacing the video extension in the URL with popular subtitle extension (in your case Trust.S01E07.HDTV.x264-RBB.sub or Trust.S01E07.HDTV.x264-RBB.srt, etc). But, the server has always returned with the 376MB file (i.e video) which is too large for the subtitle. That's why it was not used. Just try to manually load the subtitle, it will work.[COLOR="Silver"]
23rd May 2018, 01:42 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Hi,
The issue doesn't seem to be on MX Player. The current subtitle file size is limited to 20MB. It should absolutely work fine in your case.

Based on the logs, As directory listing is not enabled on the server, MX has tried to get the subtitles by replacing the video extension in the URL with popular subtitle extension (in your case Trust.S01E07.HDTV.x264-RBB.sub or Trust.S01E07.HDTV.x264-RBB.srt, etc). But, the server has always returned with the 376MB file (i.e video) which is too large for the subtitle. That's why it was not used. Just try to manually load the subtitle, it will work.[COLOR="Silver"]

Thanks for the reply.
However that was the result I got when I loaded the .sup file manually. The video is a network stream and the .sup file is saved in my phone and I opened it by "subtitles - open" under the 3dot menu.
25th May 2018, 04:59 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply.
However that was the result I got when I loaded the .sup file manually. The video is a network stream and the .sup file is saved in my phone and I opened it by "subtitles - open" under the 3dot menu.

can you share the subtitle with us?
25th May 2018, 05:27 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

can you share the subtitle with us?

sent in in a private message. please check it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)