Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Support for AAC LATM Audio Codec in 5.1

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Jemus, Member on 19th June 2017, 12:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I use the MX Player Pro to stream recorded TV-shows as well as play live tv from my enigma2 receiver.
As I use DVB-T2 in Germany, the videos codec which is used is HEVC, that works well with the MX Player Pro.

What doesn't work is the audio of some streams and recordings.
Some channels use eac3 in 2.0 and 5.1 which works with MX Player Pro 1.8.20 and custom codec 1.8.6.
Other channels use the AAC LATM codec. In 2.0 that's no problem as well, but in 5.1 the audio is stuttering.

I already had the same problem in older versions of kodi whereas new alpha builds work flawlessly.
So I figured the problem just occurs when using an older version of ffmpeg.
So I was wondering if it was possible to use a newer version of ffmpeg for the custom codec in MX Player Pro?

Cheers

19th June 2017, 07:14 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemus

Hi,

I use the MX Player Pro to stream recorded TV-shows as well as play live tv from my enigma2 receiver.
As I use DVB-T2 in Germany, the videos codec which is used is HEVC, that works well with the MX Player Pro.

What doesn't work is the audio of some streams and recordings.
Some channels use eac3 in 2.0 and 5.1 which works with MX Player Pro 1.8.20 and custom codec 1.8.6.
Other channels use the AAC LATM codec. In 2.0 that's no problem as well, but in 5.1 the audio is stuttering.

I already had the same problem in older versions of kodi whereas new alpha builds work flawlessly.
So I figured the problem just occurs when using an older version of ffmpeg.
So I was wondering if it was possible to use a newer version of ffmpeg for the custom codec in MX Player Pro?

Cheers

Thanks for the info. MX Player 1.9.x is almost ready. We may not be able to upgrade the FFmpeg at this moment.
we have noted down your feedback. we'll work on it in future updates to 1.9.x.
21st November 2017, 11:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
the same problem as described by jemus.
With the DVB-T2 channels in Germany, which use the AAC LATM 5.1 codec, the audio stutters.

The latest version of KODI nightly build, however, works without problems.

And even the latest version of KMPlayer from the Playstore processed AAC LATM 5.1. without stutters.

Both kodi and kmplayer are using the ffmepg library and both are working.

By the way:
The LAV codec in Windows is also based on ffmpeg and had the same problem. This was already fixed in June in the release 0.7. The reason for the audio problem should be Program Config Elements (PCE) in the AAC stream.

Maybe these hints help in solving the problem.

It is a pity that only the MXPlayer has problems with AAC LATM 5.1.

MXPlayer is my favorite player. I therefore hope for a solution of the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)