FORUMS

No video / black screen on philips android TV

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mldz, Junior Member on 14th June 2020, 11:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I just bought a Philips 32PFS6402 Android TV (version QM164E.).16.102.24).
Unfortunately the default video player, didn't have the possibility to adjust the subtitles, so I had to look for alternatives. Your MX player was highly recommended and the features I was looking for seems to be in place (remember where you stopped a video stored on USB and continue from that point on the next time. And adjust the timing of the subtitles while playing the video.)
so far so good. But unfortunately, not all video's are shown correctly. For some video's I only see a black screen. There is audio and ther are subtitles, but the screen stays black.
The codec info for the specific file:
MPEG-4 Video (XVID)
1920*800
Strange thing is, I can play the same movie using the default player.
Any suggestions?
thanks in advance,

Matthijs
15th June 2020, 04:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldz

Hi,

I just bought a Philips 32PFS6402 Android TV (version QM164E.).16.102.24).
Unfortunately the default video player, didn't have the possibility to adjust the subtitles, so I had to look for alternatives. Your MX player was highly recommended and the features I was looking for seems to be in place (remember where you stopped a video stored on USB and continue from that point on the next time. And adjust the timing of the subtitles while playing the video.)
so far so good. But unfortunately, not all video's are shown correctly. For some video's I only see a black screen. There is audio and ther are subtitles, but the screen stays black.
The codec info for the specific file:
MPEG-4 Video (XVID)
1920*800
Strange thing is, I can play the same movie using the default player.
Any suggestions?
thanks in advance,

Matthijs

Please collect a bug report quickly after playing the file that has issues and share with us. It will help us to investigate further and provide a better resolution.
15th June 2020, 07:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

Please collect a bug report quickly after playing the file that has issues and share with us. It will help us to investigate further and provide a better resolution.

First of all, thanks for your reaction. How do I collect a bug report? I didn't see any options for that.
For you info. I tried Kodi today as well and experienced the same problems. No video image, while there is sound and there are subtitles. I find it to be very strange, since the same movie does play in the default player (no idea which one that is).
Today the movie I tested yesterday on MX Player, resulted in some kind of freeze. no response what so ever.
thanks,

Matthijs
17th June 2020, 01:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldz

First of all, thanks for your reaction. How do I collect a bug report? I didn't see any options for that.
For you info. I tried Kodi today as well and experienced the same problems. No video image, while there is sound and there are subtitles. I find it to be very strange, since the same movie does play in the default player (no idea which one that is).
Today the movie I tested yesterday on MX Player, resulted in some kind of freeze. no response what so ever.
thanks,

Matthijs

Based on the information you have shared, it seems that your device's hardware-accelerated decoders are buggy or broken. Request you to tap on the HW button on the playback screen and check other decoders. It may work for you.
18th June 2020, 06:03 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

Based on the information you have shared, it seems that your device's hardware-accelerated decoders are buggy or broken. Request you to tap on the HW button on the playback screen and check other decoders. It may work for you.

Will give it a try again (it's not near me now). Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)