FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xiaomi mi box problem

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By achillesgk, Junior Member on 10th March 2017, 02:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I have problem which I can't explain. When I am trying to play my movies from the nas (synology), many of times is not playing. I see the circle and stuck there. When I restart the box, it's ok for once, until I want to see another movie. Then i have to restart the box again. I dont have the same problem with other players such as bs or vlc. I am curious what is going wrong.

13th March 2017, 03:53 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,014

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesgk

Hi, I have problem which I can't explain. When I am trying to play my movies from the nas (synology), many of times is not playing. I see the circle and stuck there. When I restart the box, it's ok for once, until I want to see another movie. Then i have to restart the box again. I dont have the same problem with other players such as bs or vlc. I am curious what is going wrong.

just wait for a while. then goto help > bug report. Save the bug report to sdcard & share here.
for more info read the sticky thread about how to report a bug.
13th March 2017, 09:48 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

just wait for a while. then goto help > bug report. Save the bug report to sdcard & share here.
for more info read the sticky thread about how to report a bug.

Thanks for your help! I have installed the custom codec and i think it works better now.
1st August 2017, 12:15 PM |#4  
tehran
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

hi dear I have got the problem with player in mi box.. how can I install custom codec
2nd August 2017, 12:01 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,014

More
Quote:

Thanks for your help! I have installed the custom codec and i think it works better now.

Custom codecs are just customized FFmpeg libraries & will not improve anything functionally on network streaming.
probably, there might be some other issues which got fixed automatically.
2nd August 2017, 03:20 PM |#6  
tehran

More
I have downloaded a ts file from iptv server ( in windows) and transferred it to mi box.. unfortunately mi box video player did not play it while xmtv player can play it.. If I can make system video player can play that ts file i can use of my iptv app.. which does not work on mi box.. I am sure that's about system default codec.. and I do not know how can I change and work with media_codecs.xml in /system/etc/media_codecs.xml
2nd August 2017, 08:20 PM |#7  
tehran

More
I have almost found the problem and need help for resolve it..
as I knew.. problem happens because of width and height of some videos..it is important for me to play this samples with Mi Mdeiapalyer app..as system player..
system player can not play these .....although they could be played by other players such as mx player.. I give you three sample of those videos
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...EdUSjN3UE5UMEE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...WV3OHg4eks5TGM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...Fk1REpyRlZrTDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)