FORUMS

Mike Reid May Have Passed Away

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all, I was working with Mike Reid on his Android Auto work. I was talking to him up to the day he went to hospital.

Unfortunately, it appears he has passed away. I asked a private investigator to try and contact him - see what hospital is at. We unfortunately found a death record matching his region of Canada.

I'd love to be wrong, but it appears he has passed. The death record matched up to about a week or two after he entered hospital.

My team is continuing his Android Auto work by starting the OpenHU project. We've set up a $10,000 bounty - as Google just broke his app over there with changes to GMS: http://console.com.co/openhu

Saw people asking about this, felt I should share over here on Mike's other projects.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Christopher Price For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christopher Price Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 07:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price

Hi all, I was working with Mike Reid on his Android Auto work. I was talking to him up to the day he went to hospital.

Unfortunately, it appears he has passed away. I asked a private investigator to try and contact him - see what hospital is at. We unfortunately found a death record matching his region of Canada.

I'd love to be wrong, but it appears he has passed. The death record matched up to about a week or two after he entered hospital.

My team is continuing his Android Auto work by starting the OpenHU project. We've set up a $10,000 bounty - as Google just broke his app over there with changes to GMS: http://console.com.co/openhu

Saw people asking about this, felt I should share over here on Mike's other projects.

Terrible news. But thank you so much on behalf of all of us for sharing it.

Mike had a young family, so I hope somehow we can get a donation account set up for them. I don't think any of us really know the dedication and hours Mike put in to his work, a true labour of love for so little reward. He had so much to contribute. It's still my favourite app of all time. Genius.

God bless him and his family. Wherever they may be.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mervluk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mervluk Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 09:49 AM |#3  
That's sad to hear - each dead person means relatives left behind, sometimes with insecurities about the financial future.

My condolences to Mike's family, relatives and friends if this turns out to be the sad truth.
The Following User Says Thank You to HSishi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HSishi Ad-Free
7th July 2016, 07:17 PM |#4  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 142

More
May he rest in peace.... I'm very sad. Really.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveKing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveKing Ad-Free
10th July 2016, 03:31 PM |#5  
Flag ....
Thanks Meter: 10,956

Donate to Me
More
This comes as a shock to me as it feels like we talked just yesterday. Mike was one of the kind person I came across. It's truly a loss. May he rest in peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicesoni_ash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicesoni_ash Ad-Free
15th July 2016, 08:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Upon seeing no reply to my e-mail from Mike I found this group and joined a minute ago. I am from India and got to know about Mike's great works very late.
It is really sad & shocking news to me if it is true. May his soul rest in peace..
Agree with making a contribution to his beloved ones in respect of his great work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FM_fan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FM_fan Ad-Free
15th July 2016, 10:59 AM |#7  
Flag Vila do Conde
Thanks Meter: 151

More
My condolences to Mike's family.
The Following User Says Thank You to MARCOSOFT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MARCOSOFT Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 07:55 PM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 393

More
sad to hear about any death, condolences to Mike's family and may he rest in peace
The Following User Says Thank You to BombayBoy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BombayBoy Ad-Free
31st July 2016, 08:15 AM |#9  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I know I'm late, but it's sad to see an other XDA contributor/developer has passed away. Much love and respect towards his family
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony the noob :D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tony the noob :D Ad-Free
1st August 2016, 10:34 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Rest in peace Mike :'(
3rd August 2016, 01:40 AM |#11  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Very sad to hear Mike passed Always kind and smart person also very good android developer. May he rest in peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad_Lion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mad_Lion Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)