FORUMS

Samsung Integration for Substratum (Nougat) Support Thread

6,079 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,927

By nicholaschum, Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognized Themer on 12th June 2017, 04:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2017, 09:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3,561

More
Man, im in love again, inbox,nova,google app all transparent with my transparent theme
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170612-155244.jpg
Views:	20408
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	4179694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170612-155252.jpg
Views:	20262
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	4179695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170612-155411.jpg
Views:	20092
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	4179696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170612-155513.jpg
Views:	18972
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	4179697  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bx10r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bx10r Ad-Free
12th June 2017, 09:15 PM |#12  
Flag Cedar Rapids
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Our full operation runs through Telegram but soon it will be on Play Store too.

The reasoning behind this is because we have build bots to automatically compile an updated APK and send it to the chat when I push a commit, also a nice way to directly contact the devs (me).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs

That's understandable. Apologies if my comment came off as rude.
12th June 2017, 09:59 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
It probably goes without saying ... but proceed with caution with this and backup ahead of time. I threw caution to the wind and installed a system overlay that my S7 didn't like apparently and left me with a completely black/blank screen. Booting into safe mode just gave me the words "Safe mode" at the bottom but still a black screen. No ability to remove the bad stuff. No option left other than to wipe & restore.

Works great though! Installed some nifty overlays to test beforehand. Looking forward to seeing this project evolve. Thanks dev!
12th June 2017, 10:08 PM |#14  
Flag Cedar Rapids
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmattolsen

It probably goes without saying ... but proceed with caution with this and backup ahead of time. I threw caution to the wind and installed a system overlay that my S7 didn't like apparently and left me with a completely black/blank screen. Booting into safe mode just gave me the words "Safe mode" at the bottom but still a black screen. No ability to remove the bad stuff. No option left other than to wipe & restore.

Works great though! Installed some nifty overlays to test beforehand. Looking forward to seeing this project evolve. Thanks dev!

Just curious, how did you wipe and restore if it just gave you a blank screen in safe mode? I'm proceeding with caution on this as well.
12th June 2017, 10:17 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacheOnlyPlease

Just curious, how did you wipe and restore if it just gave you a blank screen in safe mode? I'm proceeding with caution on this as well.

Booted into recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmattolsen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmattolsen Ad-Free
12th June 2017, 10:19 PM |#16  
OP Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag University of Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13,927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmattolsen

Hmm, you applied Android System didn't you? I gave a warning already in the main post.

Yeah, don't touch those unless you're dealing with Samsung Substratum specific themes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2017, 10:33 PM |#17  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Sounds very nifty. However, I will wait when it's out of beta and everything is working to it's fullest.
12th June 2017, 10:59 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Hmm, you applied Android System didn't you? I gave a warning already in the main post.

Yeah, don't touch those unless you're dealing with Samsung Substratum specific themes.

Yeah, I did system and system overlay. I just wanted to test it. I'm not complaining. Just wanted to test and report back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmattolsen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmattolsen Ad-Free
12th June 2017, 11:16 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

Download a theme that doesn't rely on Android System or theme ready Google Apps, so like Swift Black or Swift Dark on Play Store.

Anyone have recommendations for other quality themes that fit this category? Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exo8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exo8 Ad-Free
12th June 2017, 11:32 PM |#20  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 6,323

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exo8

Anyone have recommendations for other quality themes that fit this category? Thanks!

Swift Dark / Black , Reverie , Grvy , PitchBlack etc... They all should work fine for 3rd party apps & Google apps. Just don't tinker with System apps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fahadali2315 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fahadali2315 Ad-Free
12th June 2017, 11:40 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
is there any hope for custom emojis now or no?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vzdragon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vzdragon Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)