Hey there! I'm Abhijeet, Substratum's Public Relations and Community Connections Manager, writing this noob-friendly guide so that you can easily theme your device.
Here is the full official guide on using Substratum and some important recovery methods for various situations.
Theme Engine Support:
- Stock Nougat (RRO): Requires root, exposures unsupported, not all themes compatible
- Stock Oreo (OMS): Compatible with rooted and unrooted devices, in the case of the latter the Andromeda plugin is needed for Substratum to function correctly: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...jekt.andromeda
- Stock Samsung Nougat (RRO): Sungstratum addon required for full compatibility: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kt.sungstratum
- Custom Nougat (OMS): Requires a custom ROM with an interfacer installed
Table of Contents
- Theming AOSP [ROOT]
- Using Profiles
- Theming Rootless AOSP with Andromeda
- Theming Rootless Samsung with Andromeda (Sungstromeda)
- Recovering from various situations
- Different colors for overlays in Manager
- Theming Android Pie [ROOT]
- Theming Samsung OneUI devices using Synergy theme engine
Please do note, this IS for beginners, so I'll try and respond to errors and problems only if and when you have read and followed the whole thread. I'll be going over the BASICS of getting started to theme.
If you're still facing errors, please head over to our support chats hub - Substratum on Telegram