FORUMS

[OFFICIAL][GUIDE] Starting with Substratum! - Andromeda, Samsung, Pie & OMS!

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 292

Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2018, 09:45 AM |#21  
Recognized Themer
Flag NOLA
Thanks Meter: 12,275

Donate to Me
More
Nice write-up, well done

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk
7th June 2018, 06:04 PM |#22  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,292

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the guide!
Could I make a couple suggestions?

1) Explain what profiles are. A quick Google search didn't really tell me about it.

2) Tell difference between uninstall vs clean.

3) Advise how to uninstall and clean all overlays.

4) Let us know how to automatically toggle from one theme to another (such as day/night theme)?
22nd June 2018, 05:10 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
do i need andromeda if i have root? i had a warning about using substratum with root at the start of the app, telling it makes things slow...
22nd June 2018, 10:27 PM |#24  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasVFC

do i need andromeda if i have root? i had a warning about using substratum with root at the start of the app, telling it makes things slow...

No you don't "need" it but it can making installing overlays faster. Only thing it does with root. Root isn't always stable either, I've seen it ask to install Andromeda because I lost root to subs. Magisk issue not subs though.
23rd June 2018, 10:29 AM |#25  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
1. Profiles are like backup & restore, you can create profiles and use whichever one you like. For eg: If I want to apply nineteen's theme in the day and Sai's Oreo Theme at night, I can easily switch between both by using profiles for the same.

2. Uninstall and Clean are more or less, the same. Both of them uninstall your installed overlays.

3. Refer 2. ^

4. As I said in 1. and also explained in the profiles' section. Folloe the guide and you're good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie

Thanks for the guide!
Could I make a couple suggestions?

1) Explain what profiles are. A quick Google search didn't really tell me about it.

2) Tell difference between uninstall vs clean.

3) Advise how to uninstall and clean all overlays.

4) Let us know how to automatically toggle from one theme to another (such as day/night theme)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bohrabhijeet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bohrabhijeet Ad-Free
25th June 2018, 06:01 AM |#26  
Flag Port Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android P Beta
Can this be used with the beta of Android P? Im currently using a non rooted Pixel XL so if it can I'm assuming I would follow the non Samsung Oreo instructions? Thanks in advance for the info.
25th June 2018, 12:11 PM |#27  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesBlue82

Can this be used with the beta of Android P? Im currently using a non rooted Pixel XL so if it can I'm assuming I would follow the non Samsung Oreo instructions? Thanks in advance for the info.

Nope not yet sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
6th July 2018, 05:11 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi. are there themes/overlays the notification drawer? I have Samsung themes but so far none of the themes I've tried support the notification drawer.
6th July 2018, 05:01 PM |#29  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicJames

Hi. are there themes/overlays the notification drawer? I have Samsung themes but so far none of the themes I've tried support the notification drawer.

Depends, On Oreo yes many themes do. Nougat there are some issues but can be themed mostly.

Screenshot is Oreo, theme: Sprite but there are many themes for Samsung now, Valerie, Victory, Flux, Swift..etc etc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180706-105834_XDA Labs.jpg
Views:	1160
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	4543144  
7th July 2018, 05:44 PM |#30  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,599

Donate to Me
More
note 8, not rooted, t mobile, themes and everything were working great, and now, no themes work any longer; I uninstalled all themes/substratum/andromeda, and still themes wont fully install. I go through the process, overlays appear to install, but then the final overlay, usually substratum, takes a very long time to process, then the inevitable error message, and reading the logchar, its usally an overlay or 2 that are a problem. after rebooting and trying again

to install a theme, and skipping the "bad" overlay, still ends up with an error, and theme doesnt install or apply..
Using Substatum 997..
weird how things were fine for a long time, and just stopped working

thanks for any help!
8th July 2018, 10:15 PM |#31  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

note 8, not rooted, t mobile, themes and everything were working great, and now, no themes work any longer; I uninstalled all themes/substratum/andromeda, and still themes wont fully install. I go through the process, overlays appear to install, but then the final overlay, usually substratum, takes a very long time to process, then the inevitable error message, and reading the logchar, its usally an overlay or 2 that are a problem. after rebooting and trying again

to install a theme, and skipping the "bad" overlay, still ends up with an error, and theme doesnt install or apply..
Using Substatum 997..
weird how things were fine for a long time, and just stopped working

thanks for any help!

Helped you in other thread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android themes, crash, substratum, substratum crash, substratum guide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)