FORUMS

[Q&A] Issues with Substratum? Post here!

6,079 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,927

By nicholaschum, Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognized Themer on 22nd July 2016, 09:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2016, 06:16 PM |#21  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 50,825

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cink40

Well reboot cure that, but is is repeatable - whenever apply new theme i must reboot...

Yeah I have never had that issue. The majority of people on the team gave an Angler I believe and we have never had a problem with that. I don't even think that could be overlay related but @nicholaschum might say otherwise
22nd July 2016, 06:20 PM |#22  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prattham

Tried the latest pn mod build
First time user with substratum and have to say amazing and really impressed and looking forward to the development of themes and its stability

I tried 3 themes
Bio hazard domination and mono
Few things i have noticed
1. i applied fonts from bio theme and nothing happened, tried 3 fonts from the theme and nothing happened although it said font applied even restarted system ui but font was the stock one
Not sure its a theme issue or substratum
2. When i applied a overlay no matter what the theme be i noticed this thing
When i opened the settings it opened just fine i mean themed and all
But for example when i opened the dialer it would load in that blue white color that is the stock theme and will then change the theme for example to the dark one when i applied mono
But this all happens in a duration of fraction a second but is noticeable
Also if I had that app in memory then it loads fine with the dark theme but when i remove it from memory and have to load it again then it behaves as described
Also don't know whether it's theme or substratum 3 themes i tried all of them didn't themed my nav bar or status bar or status bar icon, also in the screenshots for mono and bio for Layers it has themed status bar icons and nav bar so not sure about this
Other than that one more thing when i chose to revert back to the stock theme by choosing the option in the app i get a dialogue box saying play store has fc play services fc and few more apps can't remember which one but also included titanium backup in the fc as well

Also when the overlays are uninstalled and reverted back to the stock theme the phone gets laggish for a second or two i mean lag in animations for example not that if i open the dialer it will open it a bit late thats lag but if i open the dialer it opens it instantly but the it's like it's struggling in the opening animation
That's all what i can remember

Really appreciate your efforts and congratulations to the devs for their amazing work
Cheers

1. Have you tried another theme? That will help rule out if it is the theme or Substratum.
2. That's noted in the OP, the resources are loaded at runtime so you will see a bit of unthemed app for a fraction of a second like you said.
3. Have you disabled the recreate option in settings in favor of restart?
22nd July 2016, 06:39 PM |#23  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanchance

1. Have you tried another theme? That will help rule out if it is the theme or Substratum.
2. That's noted in the OP, the resources are loaded at runtime so you will see a bit of unthemed app for a fraction of a second like you said.
3. Have you disabled the recreate option in settings in favor of restart?

1. Nope didn't had a chance
2. Okay cool
3. Not sure that was on or not but i didn't messed with the settings so it should be the default one

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
22nd July 2016, 08:22 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Will 2. get better? It is ugly as hell. Well regarding flashlight tile i do not know what else will cause it? Disappear when i apply theme..i did no try restart ui because i do not using substratum anymore, 2. is to much for me..back to layers. In layers i have same number 2. problem with some theme, Magpie for example, but Material Glass works flawlessly.
22nd July 2016, 08:33 PM |#25  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:

Will 2. get better? It is ugly as hell. Well regarding flashlight tile i do not know what else will cause it? Disappear when i apply theme..i did no try restart ui because i do not using substratum anymore, 2. is to much for me..back to layers. In layers i have same number 2. problem with some theme, Magpie for example, but Material Glass works flawlessly.

@sykopompos talked about this, it requires some additional code and resource mapping that is not a priority right now.
@setiawanjimmy may be able to comment in this but that has never happened to me on Layers, CMTE, or Substratum. Pretty sure that is just not in the domain of theming since ultimately what that means is that your camera is getting disconnected.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2016, 08:55 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 3,648

More
I had my first experience with a theme update, and it didn't go well. I update Spectrum and clicked on the notification that came up from Substratum, which took me to the overlay manager tab, where all the components said update available. I selected all the overlays I wanted and hit the FAB and selected compile/update. It began compiling and then very quickly began a cascading series of force close toasts that ended with me on my homescreen and the compiling notification frozen. I tried again, omitting system UI and play services and those compiled fine, but didn't apply. I had to remove everything, recompile, and reapply. This was with Spectrum on PNMod for Angler.

From my Tab Pro 8.4
22nd July 2016, 10:54 PM |#27  
Flag Far Far Away
Thanks Meter: 2,242

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

I had my first experience with a theme update, and it didn't go well. I update Spectrum and clicked on the notification that came up from Substratum, which took me to the overlay manager tab, where all the components said update available. I selected all the overlays I wanted and hit the FAB and selected compile/update. It began compiling and then very quickly began a cascading series of force close toasts that ended with me on my homescreen and the compiling notification frozen. I tried again, omitting system UI and play services and those compiled fine, but didn't apply. I had to remove everything, recompile, and reapply. This was with Spectrum on PNMod for Angler.

From my Tab Pro 8.4

Same here last night as I get the update.

Sent from PureNexus 6P
I will show you the power of the darkness
22nd July 2016, 11:10 PM |#28  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 29,923

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

From my Tab Pro 8.4

For now revert to stock theme before staring to compile the updates. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
22nd July 2016, 11:36 PM |#29  
Flag Solo
Thanks Meter: 2,189

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanchance

@sykopompos talked about this, it requires some additional code and resource mapping that is not a priority right now.
@setiawanjimmy may be able to comment in this but that has never happened to me on Layers, CMTE, or Substratum. Pretty sure that is just not in the domain of theming since ultimately what that means is that your camera is getting disconnected.

What was the no2 bug again? Splashscreen? It is themed on layers but not on substratum. Syko has explained that before and we are working on a fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
22nd July 2016, 11:50 PM |#30  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setiawanjimmy

What was the no2 bug again? Splashscreen? It is themed on layers but not on substratum. Syko has explained that before and we are working on a fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

No, I was referring to you for his issue where his flashlight tile would disappear on both Layers/Substratum Magpie (in addition to other themes). Never had this issue before so wanted to see if you had any insight.

And yes, to everyone, the splash screen issue is here to stay for the time being. I'm adding it to the FAQ, please do not comment on it further in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2016, 11:51 PM |#31  
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 13,086

Donate to Me
More
I can haz themed splash screens plz?

#WhiteUIMustDie #ThemesMatter
The Following User Says Thank You to davidwilson83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidwilson83 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)