FORUMS

[Q&A] Have some questions about theming? Ask here!

13,741 posts
Thanks Meter: 50,824

By nathanchance, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 7th April 2017, 05:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th April 2017, 12:21 PM |#21  
Flag Centralia
Thanks Meter: 1,052

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrod76

Looking for some of the suggestion icons. I know that there are more but for now I'm looking for the mic and body.

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e774e1...06-210812.png?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The running man is in Play Services and I believe the mic is in the Google App

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
8th April 2017, 04:07 PM |#22  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,185

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa

Does it work if you reference the string with

android:format24Hour="@*com.android.systemui/string:status_bar_clock_24hr_format"

Maybe some of the 'pro' themers can suggest alternatives 😉

I've found a string that works with a clock.
Now I need help with something else: If I theme status_bar.xml with type2 or type3 then any type1 options I do have no effect. For example the clock colour will only change if it's in type2 or 3 but not when it's in type1. Is there any fix for this?
8th April 2017, 04:31 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 50,824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79

From our very own @nicholaschum this is a useful guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...andom-t3240308

@The Flash, maybe we can have a useful index of links in the op.

Done
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2017, 05:13 PM |#24  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 16,111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpChuck

I've found a string that works with a clock.
Now I need help with something else: If I theme status_bar.xml with type2 or type3 then any type1 options I do have no effect. For example the clock colour will only change if it's in type2 or 3 but not when it's in type1. Is there any fix for this?

We'll need to see your code, otherwise any solution would be a guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
8th April 2017, 05:53 PM |#25  
res/drawable
Thanks Meter: 3,414

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

android:format24Hour="@*com.android.systemui/string:status_bar_clock_24hr_format"

Sorry to be pedantic mate but the : needs to switch with the /

android:format24Hour="@*com.android.systemui:strin g/status_bar_clock_24hr_format"
The Following User Says Thank You to dully79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dully79 Ad-Free
8th April 2017, 06:12 PM |#26  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 16,111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79

Sorry to be pedantic mate but the : needs to switch with the /

android:format24Hour="@*com.android.systemui:strin g/status_bar_clock_24hr_format"

Pedantic is fine if it's a correction 😉

I'll stick to replying from a PC in future...
The Following User Says Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
8th April 2017, 06:18 PM |#27  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,185

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We'll need to see your code, otherwise any solution would be a guess.

I've uploaded my code onto github. The type1 aren't affecting the clock from type2 or type 3
https://github.com/KpChuck/Klock-Substratum?files=1
Thanks in advance
9th April 2017, 09:11 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 476

Donate to Me
More
Hello want to ask its possible to change the summary fontcolor just on settings? I tried to add text primary and secondary on theme setting styles but its not change. Thanks for the answering
9th April 2017, 12:16 PM |#29  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 43.7031 - 7.2661
Thanks Meter: 7,176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiandrew

Hello want to ask its possible to change the summary fontcolor just on settings? I tried to add text primary and secondary on theme setting styles but its not change. Thanks for the answering

let's go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-04-2017 13-15-42.png
Views:	360
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	4106480   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-04-2017 13-24-18.png
Views:	324
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	4106488   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-04-2017 13-25-34.png
Views:	322
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	4106489   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-04-09_13-27-32.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	4106490   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-04-2017 12-58-01.png
Views:	314
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	4106491  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troubadour666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Troubadour666 Ad-Free
9th April 2017, 05:24 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubadour666

let's go

solved, thanks a lot sir !

so add folder layout on com.android.settings/res/values

inside folder you must copy dashboard_tile.xml from your decompile settings apk.

open the file and change the code like this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@*com.android.settings:id/dashboard_tile" android:background="@*com.android.settings:drawable/selectable_card" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:minHeight="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_minimum_height"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <ImageView android:id="@android:id/icon" android:layout_width="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_size" android:layout_height="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_size" android:scaleType="centerInside" android:layout_marginStart="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_margin_start" android:layout_marginEnd="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_margin_end" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <TextView android:textAppearance="@*com.android.settings:style/TextAppearance.Small" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@android:id/title" android:fadingEdge="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        <TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.Small" android:textColor="@*android:color/accent_material_dark" android:ellipsize="end" android:id="@android:id/summary" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:maxLines="1" android:paddingEnd="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_margin_start" />
    </LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
when you compare the code you can see the different (use notepad compare plugin) from my code i change android:textColor=?android:textColorSecondary become android:textColor="@*android:color/accent_material_dark"

if you done, save it. Now open your settings style.xml and add this code
Code:
    <style name="TextAppearance.Small" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance.Material.Small">
        <item name="android:textColor">@*android:color/primary_text_default_material_dark</item>
        <item name="android:textColorHighlight">@*android:color/accent_material_dark</item>
        <item name="android:textColorHint">@*android:color/micro_text_light</item>
        <item name="android:textColorLink">@*android:color/micro_text_light</item>
    </style>
hope this is not wrong code because i tried so many change today lol
The Following User Says Thank You to aldiandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aldiandrew Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 06:00 PM |#31  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,847

More
oops, wrong thread, so sorry!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)