FORUMS

[Q&A] Have some questions about theming? Ask here!

13,741 posts
Thanks Meter: 50,824

By nathanchance, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 7th April 2017, 05:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2019, 03:20 PM |#621  
It's happened again. Updated Messages today and it wouldn't open with a Substratum message about there being a conflict, so I disabled the overlay and when I tried to reinstall it I get the following...
Code:
Report:
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:7: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/Base.V14.Theme.GoogleMaterial.Dark'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:11: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/Platform.ThemeOverlay.AppCompat.Dark'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:15: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/BugleToolbarTheme'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:19: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/BugleToolbarTheme.Lockup'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:23: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/BugleTheme'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:27: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/BugleToolbarTheme'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/values/styles.xml:50: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@*com.google.android.apps.messaging:style/Theme.GoogleMaterial.Dark.NoActionBar'.
» [com.google.android.apps.messaging]: Installation of "com.google.android.apps.messaging" has failed.
I've decompiled the new apk, added the new attrs.xml and still get the same error message. All the resources are in the new styles.xml so again, I just don't grasp why the same method I've used and still use on other apps is giving me issues with messages.

What am I missing?
6th November 2019, 06:22 PM |#622  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXUsr

It's happened again. Updated Messages today and it wouldn't open with a Substratum message about there being a conflict, so I disabled the overlay and when I tried to reinstall it I get the following...

I've decompiled the new apk, added the new attrs.xml and still get the same error message. All the resources are in the new styles.xml so again, I just don't grasp why the same method I've used and still use on other apps is giving me issues with messages.

What am I missing?

Well by that log styles you added changed or were removed on the stock app you need to fix them or remove them. I just updated my theme and it's working fine.
7th November 2019, 05:13 PM |#623  
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Well by that log styles you added changed or were removed on the stock app you need to fix them or remove them. I just updated my theme and it's working fine.

I've solved it. I removed those lines from styles and got a load of other errors in a few layout files. I'd missed adding @*com.google.android.apps.messaging: to an @font and @Color, and now it looks as it should. So the problem seems to be Substratum not reporting the correct errors as the original lines I was having an issue with now work without issue.
7th November 2019, 05:52 PM |#624  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXUsr

I've solved it. I removed those lines from styles and got a load of other errors in a few layout files. I'd missed adding @*com.google.android.apps.messaging: to an @font and @Color, and now it looks as it should. So the problem seems to be Substratum not reporting the correct errors as the original lines I was having an issue with now work without issue.

The log isn't perfect no, but if you compare "diffmerge is what I use" old apk vs new you can see what to change in theme. Also yes it will show logs in stages values then layouts then drawables. Just how the logging works.
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)