[Q&A] Have some questions about theming? Ask here!

Search This thread

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Pretty much what the title says... Since theming questions tend to get a bit more technical than using Substratum itself, it seems more appropriate for questions to be asked here than in the main thread. Our themers are always looking to help out and provide answers, we encourage you to do the same! If you've found a bug or a cool trick, share it here.

Some resources:

Last edited:

rawhide85

Nov 20, 2009
North Georgia
Google Pixel
Moto G Stylus
Well sir, here it goes. Which TBO themes ready Gapps do you recommend for @BeansTown106's PN 3/17 build (N6). I figured I would ask here as you have the best of the "White Must Die" crew here. Also, damn glad to see the success you have achieved. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

eldiablotmh

Nov 10, 2015
Cool idea with this thread, seems very promising.

I'll start straight away with a question: can there be a way to limit a type2\type1 variant on top of only certain type3s and not be allowed to be selected\applied on top of any type3 regardless? I'll rephrase it if it came out a bit complex: basically I would like to have a type2\type1 variant that can be selected and applied only on top of one or two type3s and not all of them. Is this possible? Cheers.

dully79

Apr 29, 2010
res/drawable
droidcandy.weebly.com
Well sir, here it goes. Which TBO themes ready Gapps do you recommend for @BeansTown106's PN 3/17 build (N6). I figured I would ask here as you have the best of the "White Must Die" crew here. Also, damn glad to see the success you have achieved. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The latest, v31 i believe.

Looking for some of the suggestion icons. I know that there are more but for now I'm looking for the mic and body.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e774e19dd05/Screenshot_20170406-210812.png?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Are these any use?
https://material.io/icons/

The latest zip in the updater

Reactions: fezzy102

KpChuck

Sep 22, 2016
Cork
Hi. Can i reference other apks with substratum. For example could I use a colour from Spotify's colors.xml in systemui?

KpChuck

Sep 22, 2016
Cork
No, you can only use the resources in the apk you're theming or those in framework-res
The problem is that I'm trying to make a customisable statusbar clock so I want to separate the clock style from status_bar.xml so that the position and style can be separate option.
My question is how can I make something like this android:format24Hour="@string/status_bar_clock_24hr_format" referencing to a string with substratum?
I tried using any string from systemui.apk but that just messes things up.

KpChuck

Sep 22, 2016
Cork
The problem is that I'm trying to make a customisable statusbar clock so I want to separate the clock style from status_bar.xml so that the position and style can be separate option.
My question is how can I make something like this android:format24Hour="@string/status_bar_clock_24hr_format" referencing to a string with substratum?
This is what i mean by messed up. The top left is meant to be an ordinary clock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170407-230434.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-230434.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 530

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6

Does it work if you reference the string with

android:format24Hour="@*com.android.systemui/string:status_bar_clock_24hr_format"

Maybe some of the 'pro' themers can suggest alternatives ?

Last edited:
Reactions: KpChuck

Top Liked Posts