[Q&A] Have some questions about theming? Ask here!

Search This thread

KpChuck

Sep 22, 2016
Cork
Does it work if you reference the string with

android:format24Hour="@*com.android.systemui/string:status_bar_clock_24hr_format"

Maybe some of the 'pro' themers can suggest alternatives ?
I've found a string that works with a clock.
Now I need help with something else: If I theme status_bar.xml with type2 or type3 then any type1 options I do have no effect. For example the clock colour will only change if it's in type2 or 3 but not when it's in type1. Is there any fix for this?

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
I've found a string that works with a clock.
Now I need help with something else: If I theme status_bar.xml with type2 or type3 then any type1 options I do have no effect. For example the clock colour will only change if it's in type2 or 3 but not when it's in type1. Is there any fix for this?
We'll need to see your code, otherwise any solution would be a guess.

Reactions: KpChuck

Troubadour666

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661
Hello want to ask its possible to change the summary fontcolor just on settings? I tried to add text primary and secondary on theme setting styles but its not change. Thanks for the answering

let's go :)

Attachments

• photo_2017-04-09_13-27-32.jpg
    photo_2017-04-09_13-27-32.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

solved, thanks a lot sir !

so add folder layout on com.android.settings/res/values

inside folder you must copy dashboard_tile.xml from your decompile settings apk.

open the file and change the code like this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@*com.android.settings:id/dashboard_tile" android:background="@*com.android.settings:drawable/selectable_card" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:minHeight="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_minimum_height"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <ImageView android:id="@android:id/icon" android:layout_width="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_size" android:layout_height="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_size" android:scaleType="centerInside" android:layout_marginStart="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_margin_start" android:layout_marginEnd="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_margin_end" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <TextView android:textAppearance="@*com.android.settings:style/TextAppearance.Small" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@android:id/title" android:fadingEdge="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        <TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.Small" android:textColor="@*android:color/accent_material_dark" android:ellipsize="end" android:id="@android:id/summary" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:maxLines="1" android:paddingEnd="@*com.android.settings:dimen/dashboard_tile_image_margin_start" />
    </LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>

when you compare the code you can see the different (use notepad compare plugin) from my code i change android:textColor=?android:textColorSecondary become android:textColor="@*android:color/accent_material_dark"

if you done, save it. Now open your settings style.xml and add this code
Code:
    <style name="TextAppearance.Small" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance.Material.Small">
        <item name="android:textColor">@*android:color/primary_text_default_material_dark</item>
        <item name="android:textColorHighlight">@*android:color/accent_material_dark</item>
        <item name="android:textColorHint">@*android:color/micro_text_light</item>
        <item name="android:textColorLink">@*android:color/micro_text_light</item>
    </style>

hope this is not wrong code because i tried so many change today lol

Reactions: Troubadour666
May 17, 2015
If i uninstall substratum theme engine after applying an overlay, will the themes get reverted to original?

If substratum required to be installed always? Or apply theme and uninstall...?

eurochild

Jul 11, 2007
Athens
need some help to remove the "x" from the mobile network signal drawable when its not connected, anyone ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170419-220104.png
    Screenshot_20170419-220104.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 520
I'm subscribed with instant mail notification to this thread. I encourage anyone willing to start theming to follow the guides mentioned in OP.

I've literally seen with my own eyes a Substratum theme user that is now a developer for that same theme just because of these guides found in OP.

Let's support anyone needing help! :)

This

vykintazo

Apr 23, 2014
Vilnius
Hello, so I have a question about theming Google Calculator. How do you change color of "mode" indicator and that three-dot icon on the other side (see screenshot)? I have bunch of themes where they have managed to customize those on stock (not theme ready) gapps. Only thing i have found yet is that "mode indicator" is declared as TextView in toolbar.xml and has no color atributte, maybe I could add one somehow?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts